• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Or he's not and naysayers will look like armchair negative Nancy in retrospect. Wait and see. Keep expectations reasonable. Until then, it's nothing but conjecture.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Give Gov. Elect Hogan some time. These anti-gun laws did not happen overnight. It will take some time , effort , resources and a lot of patience to get them changed.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Tough crowd. Let's wait and see what he does before slinging mud.
    +1 The man is not even in office yet, and although this is an important issue for us, realistically, on a state level, the budget mess has got to be top priority for him coming out of the gate. He'll need all of the bipartisan support he can muster to get through that mess, and if he leads off with pushing for major changes to how the state deals with guns, he'll alienate some of the people he'll need for the budget crisis.

Dr Dano HPR

Mar 4, 2013
    Towson
    Tough crowd. Let's wait and see what he does before slinging mud.

I was at the MSRP annual dinner just before the election and the NRA representative (Shannon Alford?) said that if Brown wins it will be an all out effort to finish off what FSA2013 left behind. Said we would need an "All hands to the pumps" effort to stop the assault, bigger than 2013. I feel that we just got off the beach at Dunkirk and some want to cross the Rhine. I think we would do better to show up in March to show our support for Hogan and let the anti 2A crowd know that being our friends is better for their careers than hoping MOM brings them to Washington with him.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    +1 The man is not even in office yet, and although this is an important issue for us, realistically, on a state level, the budget mess has got to be top priority for him coming out of the gate. He'll need all of the bipartisan support he can muster to get through that mess, and if he leads off with pushing for major changes to how the state deals with guns, he'll alienate some of the people he'll need for the budget crisis.

He is easily going to me bogged down most of his first term just trying to keep 1/10 of the promises he made. It's going to be very difficult to make up the huge deficit left by O'Malley, reduce taxes plus have a balanced budget with a legislature controlled by the other party.....

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Or he's not and naysayers will look like armchair negative Nancy in retrospect. Wait and see. Keep expectations reasonable. Until then, it's nothing but conjecture.

This, perhaps he will under promise and over deliver.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    I voted for him and I'll give the man time to make things right in MD. If after this voting cycle I see no action on 2a either active or passive within the Maryland bureaucracy then he becomes the same trash I just threw out. I vote issues not party.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    He can make appointments to help with G&S during his term(s) but it is only a band aid because once he is out, and most likely another democrat is elected, all those that get CCW with self defense for G&S will have their permits not renewed. He needs to work with the MDGA and have the definition of G&S written in stone so it is not so easily re-interpreted every administration change.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Did anyone expect something different? He's not Obama, he can't just make laws without Congress.

Let's focus on the court battles for now and if we lose them we can try at the state level again.

This ^^^ plus not to mention we have 21 other states that are fighting for us too.

Sounds reasonable at this point in time. He has more pressing issues. He can defer it to the courts, and not put up a fight. That way in the end he can sit back and tell the anti gun libtards, "it was the courts, not me."

Another misleading thread title....

I agree with many of the posters and I've been saying this since the election. There are many other things that Hogan has to deal with; from the linked article:

He ran on the platform of rolling back tax increases and cutting spending. But the state of Maryland has a budget shortfall of nearly $600 million.

There are some things he can do regarding gun issues in the state, but he'd be a fool to do them FIRST. We be the fools to expect him to.

This ^^^

I think the smart thing to do is exactly what he did.

With so many outside parties challenging SB281 he doesn't really need to get involved. Smart move.

I would rather see him write a nice little letter indicating that "Lawful self-defense" is a G&S for CCW.

May or most likely may not happen, at least during his first two years in office.

Larry Hogan didn't promise that to you, Anthony Brown did. :lol:

I like your twist there........... Perhaps we should file a lawsuit against Brown for not coming through on his promise of "ass-halt rifles laying around in grocery stores and kid's playgrounds" if Hogan got elected.

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    He can make appointments to help with G&S during his term(s) but it is only a band aid because once he is out, and most likely another democrat is elected, all those that get CCW with self defense for G&S will have their permits not renewed. He needs to work with the MDGA and have the definition of G&S written in stone so it is not so easily re-interpreted every administration change.

actually, i'd take 4 years of freedom, even knowing it was fleeting, over one more day without.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    IANAL, buy what justification would the state use to revoke permits if a new MSP superintendent appointed by someone other than a 2A friendly Gov.decided to go back to the old G&S? Would there be a 14A claim?

This is one reason I'd like to see a change sooner rather than later. More time to debunk the "blood in the streets" myth.

Of course legislation is always more desirable than COMAR regs.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    IANAL, buy what justification would the state use to revoke permits if a new MSP superintendent appointed by someone other than a 2A friendly Gov.decided to go back to the old G&S? Would there be a 14A claim?

This is one reason I'd like to see a change sooner rather than later. More time to debunk the "blood in the streets" myth.

Of course legislation is always more desirable than COMAR regs.

They wouldn't be able to revoke permits, but most likely would deny renewals.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    This needs to be a 2-stage process, where a new Superintendent comes into place for administrative changes, and we work through the GA to codify anything we need for permanency.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom