• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    And another thread that proves that we will do the anti's work for them. We can manage to kill our own momentum without even an ounce of their involvement. A-fracking-mazing.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Are you really making excuses for their behavior? You seem to be giving them the benefit of the doubt when they deserve nothing of the sort.

Just explaining what I know, and after what was on the table, yep, maybe giving them a little benefit if the doubt. You do realize that the only reason the joint hearing was held was because HGO called for it and not Judiciary? Chairman Vallario didn't want any part of the bill as it was and wanted to study the issues.

Call me when you have been a party to some to the "back room" discussions and late night conversations in Delegates offices. Until then you are entitled to your opinion and to voice it as much as you want. I never said you were wrong, I would appreciate the same from you unless you have other information to prove otherwise.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    The level that your on right now. DA DOOSH BAG LEVAL (sp?)

Thank you for your constructive input on the matter at hand.

I don't think we have ever lowered ourselves to that of DB level as you put. If you think so, then how so?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    And another thread that proves that we will do the anti's work for them. We can manage to kill our own momentum without even an ounce of their involvement. A-fracking-mazing.

And some of us keep banging our heads against the wall, trying to get those that say "we need to do more or do it differently" to come up with an articulate solution and then step up and run it.

No wonder some of us are buying Tylenol by the case.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    And yes, I am still a little wound up from yesterday.

Dantheman

Jan 26, 2011
    If your mind is already made up you don't need to listen to the testimony or if you already have your marching orders from puppet master OweMalley.

Kick them out and elect people ready to listen. Have you registered DINO, reviewed the Project Alamo database, and contributed both money and your TIME to a pro 2nd candidate yet?

No, I have not heard of Project Alamo nor have I contributed time or money to a Pro 2A candidate and don't know where to start. Mind pointing me in the direction to do so? I appreciate your input and help.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    No, I have not heard of Project Alamo nor have I contributed time or money to a Pro 2A candidate and don't know where to start. Mind pointing me in the direction to do so? I appreciate your input and help.

Wow, didn't you read what I just posted? Post #40 in this thread. Here it is again:

What we need to do is change the balance of power in Annapolis. There are several contested battles that we absolutely need to win. District 31 has been gerrymandered into 31A and 31B. 31A was specifically carved out with a majority of registered democrats.

Terry Lynn DeGraw is running as the only Republican candidate. The dems will be throwing a ton of money behind whoever wins their primary. If you want to gain another voice in Annapolis instead of losing even more ground, then get behind this candidate.

Any amount you can donate will help!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Citiz...15191395160094

SW686

MDS Supporter
    Jul 25, 2012
    I found these bills introduced by Delegate Luiz R. S. Simmons, District 17, Montgomery County:

HB 623 -Public Safety - Criminal Justice Information System - Integration With Maryland Automated Firearms System

HB 90 - Regulated Firearms - Disqualifying Crime - Domestically Related Crime

Attachments

• hb0623f.pdf
      111.4 KB · Views: 82
    • hb0090f.pdf
      158.1 KB · Views: 85

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Just explaining what I know, and after what was on the table, yep, maybe giving them a little benefit if the doubt. You do realize that the only reason the joint hearing was held was because HGO called for it and not Judiciary? Chairman Vallario didn't want any part of the bill as it was and wanted to study the issues.

Call me when you have been a party to some to the "back room" discussions and late night conversations in Delegates offices. Until then you are entitled to your opinion and to voice it as much as you want. I never said you were wrong, I would appreciate the same from you unless you have other information to prove otherwise.

How and why would any back room deals and discussions be relevant? I only care about 2 things:
    1. Did they make promises or statements to their constituents and then do the exact opposite thing wrt SB281?
    2. Did they vote to pass the bill?

Everything else is irrelevant. IMO anyone who voted for that monstrosity is a criminal and deserves neither my respect nor my understanding. Whatever excuse they have, still does not justify them taking away my rights.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I found these bills introduced by Delegate Luiz R. S. Simmons, District 17, Montgomery County:

HB 623 -Public Safety - Criminal Justice Information System - Integration With Maryland Automated Firearms System

HB 623 is what the story in the OP is about.

Both bills were heard in the Judiciary Committee yesterday.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    How and why would any back room deals and discussions be relevant? I only care about 2 things:
    1. Did they make promises or statements to their constituents and then do the exact opposite thing wrt SB281?
    2. Did they vote to pass the bill?

Everything else is irrelevant. IMO anyone who voted for that monstrosity is a criminal and deserves neither my respect nor my understanding. Whatever excuse they have, still does not justify them taking away my rights.

Then you have two things to do:

1. Prove that they made promises and then went back on them.

2. If the voted on the bill and the majority of their constituents wanted them to, then, unfortunately for us, they were doing what they were elected to do. Represent the will of their constituents.

Might I suggest several thing:

1. Call your Delegates on any and every bill you like or don't like and ask them if they keep track of how their constituents want them to vote.

2. If they say yes, then ask for the break down, if they say ask them why not and take them to task.

I can only speak for the Delegates in my district (21) and all three kept track of how their constituents wanted them to vote last year on FSA2013. Those that wanted them to support the bill averaged 115 between the three. Those that wanted them to oppose the averaged 105 between the three. That's right, a grand total of approximately 220 people from College Park north to Laurel and east to Odenton contact their Delegates in regards to that bill. And the majority won out, by an average of 10 people between the three Delegates.

Until this community and each individual in it, actively holds their respective elected officials accountable for their actions and comments, then there will always be the issue of "if they would do their job."

Start calling them and asking them for the numbers, if enough people do this, I would almost bet some of their actions would change. Even more so if someone would take those numbers and publicly report them after a vote on an issue.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    This sin't a spectator sport, you have to get involved, and that doesn't necessarily mean coming to Annapolis in person (yes, that would be nice), but if just one person would step up for each district and track the number vs the vote (Yes, some of them are going to fudge the numbers), then we might be able to get a truer response from them from session to session.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Then you have two things to do:

1. Prove that they made promises and then went back on them.

2. If the voted on the bill and the majority of their constituents wanted them to, then, unfortunately for us, they were doing what they were elected to do. Represent the will of their constituents.

Might I suggest several thing:

1. Call your Delegates on any and every bill you like or don't like and ask them if they keep track of how their constituents want them to vote.

2. If they say yes, then ask for the break down, if they say ask them why not and take them to task.

I can only speak for the Delegates in my district (21) and all three kept track of how their constituents wanted them to vote last year on FSA2013. Those that wanted them to support the bill averaged 115 between the three. Those that wanted them to oppose the averaged 105 between the three. That's right, a grand total of approximately 220 people from College Park north to Laurel and east to Odenton contact their Delegates in regards to that bill. And the majority won out, by an average of 10 people between the three Delegates.

Until this community and each individual in it, actively holds their respective elected officials accountable for their actions and comments, then there will always be the issue of "if they would do their job."

Start calling them and asking them for the numbers, if enough people do this, I would almost bet some of their actions would change. Even more so if someone would take those numbers and publicly report them after a vote on an issue.

I agree with almost everything you wrote based on your underlying premise. However I have a completely different philosophy which shapes my outlook:

1. I believe they infringed upon my rights by passing that law. I also believe that law will lead to more innocent people being preyed upon by criminals. So the number of constituents supporting that law is irrelevant. It is a stupid law, filled with idiocy, and should have never been passed for any reason in its current form.

2. I see no reason to engage in dialogue with them. I want them fired. There is no reason for me to write them, speak to them, or attempt to influence them in any way. SB281 proved that was fruitless (for whatever reason one wants to list). My only interaction with them I am interested in at this point, is finding a way for them to be voted out of office. There is no alternative.

Hopefully that clearly illuminates our differences. We both want people who will represent our values. You believe in the system and the rational qualities of our representatives. I feel that they are corrupt and useless. Those two basic beliefs shape our actions. I think there is a place for both paths in this struggle for a better Maryland.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Being polite during the 90 days of the legislative session is and entirely different animal from working to remove them using all of tools at our disposal. Do not confuse the two.

As for SB281, that wasn't them not listening, that was them being told what they would do or they would lose their committee appointments and funding for district projects. There was actually an agreement last year to shelve SB281 and turn it into a task force to study the ideas and move forward from there. The next day, everyone came in after the administration, the Speaker of the House and the President of the Senate threatened them with there committees and funding, and it all went away, and we had what you saw in committee.

The majority of them didn't want that bill anymore than we did, but when threatened with loss of committee and funding for projects in your district, what would you do?

This sin't a spectator sport, you have to get involved, and that doesn't necessarily mean coming to Annapolis in person (yes, that would be nice), but if just one person would step up for each district and track the number vs the vote (Yes, some of them are going to fudge the numbers), then we might be able to get a truer response from them from session to session.

Threats from fellow legislators, backroom discussions, fudging numbers, yet some people still advocate playing nice.:sad20:

They have turned this into a brawl with no holds barred and in defense we are supposed to fight fair. Well gosh...what could go wrong?:rolleyes:

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    I think the DINO movement is a good start. Now what we need to do is have people move into the districts where the election could be influenced in our favor.

If someone has a place in that area and can rent out a room then that should be enough to qualify as a resident. I'm sure a lot of people can be packed in a room too. I've seen outlandish numbers of 'new Americans' packed into the houses they rent. People can have more than one residence in this and/or other states but as long as they only vote in one election district then that is legal.

These people pushed these outlandish voting practices on us now it's time to use their processes against them.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado

For the past two weeks we had a HUGE push on this website for everyone to research these bills and to submit written testimony against them.

On Tuesday I was in Annapolis from 9am to midnight fighting these bills. Dblas was there when I got there and he was there when I left.

We were able to look Delegate Simmons directly in the eyes and tell him to his face why these are bad bills. We didn't sway him because he is a blatant gun grabber but I am convinced that we showed some other delegates why these bills are bad. We need to follow that up with letters to the other delegates further explaining our positions.

You should have seen the exchange between Delegate Smigiel and Simmons over these bills. Smigiel is awesome and fights like a Marine for us but he cannot do this alone. We need more help.

Everyone here who is complaining about this bill but didn't submit written testimony or didn't go to Annapolis is late to the game and needs to step up to the plate and get in the fight. You had your chance to sit in front of Delegate Simmons or talk to him in the hallway about these bills and you blew it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Threats from fellow legislators, backroom discussions, fudging numbers, yet some people still advocate playing nice.:sad20:

They have turned this into a brawl with no holds barred and in defense we are supposed to fight fair. Well gosh...what could go wrong?:rolleyes:

There is no reason we cannot testify and speak to them with a respectful tone. If you don't, they will not listen. At the same time, there is no reason why we shouldn't fight like hell to get them out. Being polite does not mean you don't despise what they have done, and it doesn't mean you can't let them know exactly what you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom