• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeCee

May 8, 2013
    The Thurmont shoot is a CMP Rimfire event. Firing is done at 50 and 25 yards in prone, sitting and standing positions, in slow and rapid fire modes.

If I weren't already committed to attending the Appleseed event, I'd be going to that one.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Saturday is the bowling pin shoot at Monocacy Pistol Club. Real bowling pins not metal pin shaped targets. Both centerfire and .22LR handguns allowed. Open, Limited, semi-autos, and revolvers are welcome. Centerfire is non-magnum or handloads loaded down in magnum calibers. 45ACP and 10mm are OK. Max velocity is 1350 FPS. Rimfire is open for .22LR ammo but we frown on Stingers even though they go out of a handgun at around 1300 FPS. 40g bullets work better than the lightweight ones.

22Shooter

Feb 5, 2013
    Finally got home from the South Jersey Ruger Rimfire Competition and it was awesome! It was my first time shooting outdoors, first time shooting for speed and not accuracy, and first time competing. I finished 28th overall out of 65. My favorite part of the competition was that nobody left empty handed! TandemKross gave everyone a goodie bag as well as FunGun Targets. Everyone won something from the raffle as well. I can't wait for next Ruger Rimfire event!

Last edited:

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Glad to hear you had a good time. I just could not justify the almost 4 hour drive each way for a regional event. That is funny since my first regional I went 5 hours each way to NC in 2010 and stayed in a hotel because it was a 2 day event. Since then I have gone 18 and 11 hours to 2 of the last 3 world championships (the 3rd was only 3 hours away). The world championships usually get between 120 and 170 shooters over 2 days. We won't know where the 2014 event venue will be till spring.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    This weekend at MPC we have Speed Steel on Saturday and Rimfire Falling Steel on Sunday. Speed Steel has classes for both open and stock .22s in semi-autos, revolvers, and carbines/rifles. Its like shooting Steel Challenge except the stages vary every time except stage 5 which is the real speed stage with 5 18x18 targets in a line.
    Rimfire Falling Steel is 9 knockdown 4" steel targets including a stop plate. Max 10 rounds in the gun no reloads.
    And remember all our steel matches are run 12 months of the year. Only Critters and Pins are seasonal matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom