• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Baltimore City must be proud of their representation...
    facebookin.jpg

facebookin 2.jpg

facebookin 3.jpg

Here's some gun owners showing up to defend their 2A
    outside.jpg

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Admiral Winfield Schley, hero of the Spanish American War.

I used my time awaiting the delegates to look around my State House.

As we were leaving the building there was a gentleman outside on the steps taking pictures. Upon seeing us come out he asked if it was okay to go "in there?". I jokingly asked him if he was a Md. resident and he said "yes". I told him "well, you paid for it so yes it okay to go in there". We told him what was going on inside and that he could actually go in a witness the process in action. He was very excited. He is NOW also aware of what is going on in regards to gun laws in Md. He also is NOW another 2A supporter. All in all, a good day!!

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    As we were leaving the building there was a gentleman outside on the steps taking pictures. Upon seeing us come out he asked if it was okay to go "in there?". I jokingly asked him if he was a Md. resident and he said "yes". I told him "well, you paid for it so yes it okay to go in there". We told him what was going on inside and that he could actually go in a witness the process in action. He was very excited. He is NOW also aware of what is going on in regards to gun laws in Md. He also is NOW another 2A supporter. All in all, a good day!!

That's the way. one at a time or hundreds all at once, works just as well!

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    THOSE ARE SCREENSAVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish my battery didn't crap out. It woulda been great to get those three huddled around the computer, watching tennis...or the guy playing baseball on his pad, or the guys watching ncaa march madness games... or the two passed out, sleeping with their screen savers dancing around...or the...

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    I wish my battery didn't crap out. It woulda been great to get those three huddled around the computer, watching tennis...or the guy playing baseball on his pad, or the guys watching ncaa march madness games... or the two passed out, sleeping with their screen savers dancing around...or the...

Ya. I was bummed when your battery died. Need moar AA's next time.

Mr H

Banana'd

this is the part that saddens me...

That the government has so thoroughly cowed the citizenry that the People honestly believe that they aren't even allowed to be involved, and that somehow our elected officials are above our influence (even though the might think they are).

If we get nothing else out of this exercise, I hope we can at least remind the People who is SUPPOSED to be in charge!

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Those are some good photos, Smokey — were you using a DSLR?

nope, my old beat up canon powershot sx230hs. 14x optical zoom helped grab the shots. Up to 3200 iso helped with the bad lighting. It does okay for what I need. I'd like another camera that's more upgradeable and can shoot raw, but will have to wait till after the weddin till I can free up some expendable loot for a nice camera.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    this is the part that saddens me...

That the government has so thoroughly cowed the citizenry that the People honestly believe that they aren't even allowed to be involved, and that somehow our elected officials are above our influence (even though the might think they are).

If we get nothing else out of this exercise, I hope we can at least remind the People who is SUPPOSED to be in charge!

If we only save one from ignorance it will be worth it...:innocent0

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Who was asking about red and green votes? Hope we don't get screwed like we did on the gas tax http://www.somd.com/news/headlines/2013/16661.shtml

Del. Neil Parrott, the Washington County freshman, was the only Republican recorded voting green, after he had initially voted red. He later admitted the move was designed to confuse the running tally which is only visible on a screen at the speaker’s rostrum. Others in the chamber have to try and count the green and red lights on the voting boards mounted on the walls.

Del. Johnny Wood, a 26-year veteran from St. Mary’s County and one of the 20 Democrats to vote against the gas tax hike, recalled another old timer from the past who would stand on the floor after an action he didn’t like, saying, “shame, shame, shame.”

“Shame on what’s going on in this House,” Wood said.
    :thumbsup: Good ole Johnny, BTW he's for us 100%

Asked in an interview why he thought Busch acted as he did when it seems Democrats had the votes, O’Donnell said, “To show who is the alpha dog.”

Read the whole article, but it looks like they are allowed to change votes and explain, but the speaker wouldn't let it happen

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    I spent a fair amount of time in the gallery Saturday and as others have posted I noticed several times when a seated delegate would lean over and press a button for a neighbor who was standing at the end of the row. They must have pre-arranged at least some of this, and on more than one occasion the standee would signal "thumbs up" (or down) as the button pusher would look over for guidance.

They worked in blocks, reading a few bills, then voting on them, then reading a few more. Several times a delegate would speak up later, saying "green to red on bill #XYZ" with no further comment and no comments from the Speaker either. It seems that changing a vote after the roll call is not unheard of.

One would hope that by the time they get to this stage most of them would have already read the bills. Many bills were passed with no debate offered. However several times when there was debate, the question was "What does this bill do?" so maybe not all were up on the bills. Another possiblilty based on some of the bills I have read, no one (possibly including the sponsor) can figure out what a bill will, or is supposed to, do.

Welcome to the sausage factory!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom