• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    I'm a new guy to 3 gun matches, but I'm interested in attending the fun shoots at least. Probably the main competition too. I don't own a handgun though. Just a Mossberg 500 and about to get my AR put together. Would I be able to rent a handgun from the range? Would anybody be interested in having someone this green around the ears on their team? If not, I'll at least show up to watch...

Come out, maybe someone that you team up with will have an extra handgun that you can use, just needs to be 9mm or larger in caliber. Pump shotguns work as well. Come to one of the Fun shoots to start, it's a great time and Gary runs a great shoot. You'll learn a lot and people are more than willing to answer questions or help you out.

I'm going to watch and learn a little

Come to one of the Fun shoots that Gary puts on, it's the last Saturday of the month and is a great time, you'll learn a lot and get a feel for the format.

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    Hi Gary, Thank you very much! I wanted to go and just watch first and see how things are run........you know blah blah blah and also get to see what equipment and firearms people are using...blah blah blah. I book marked the blog and will read it tonight after things settle down...... you know kid, diner..... oh yeah the wife ....lol. So again Thank you ! hell I am already siked ........
    Tom

Do NOT show up "just to watch". Bring your gear, we will figure out how to fit you in. I don't know how many times I have heard, "Damn, wish I had brought my guns!"

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    Got a question ....... what kind of holster ....and other equipment folks use for this type of match?

A retentive holster needed for Action matches, bag, box or whatever for funshoots. I don't care if it is a WalMart bag, as long as your hands aren't on it while walking around.

Last edited:

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    I'm a new guy to 3 gun matches, but I'm interested in attending the fun shoots at least. Probably the main competition too. I don't own a handgun though. Just a Mossberg 500 and about to get my AR put together. Would I be able to rent a handgun from the range? Would anybody be interested in having someone this green around the ears on their team? If not, I'll at least show up to watch...

Bring the shotty, I'll let you shoot most of the FunShoot skatter gun only. Just let me know when you register. Watch the blog for instructions www.yorkpistol.blogspot.com

Last edited:

sourbeer

Jul 26, 2012
    montana
    I'm in

I've got a team, just need to get some practice time and figure out who will be manning each leg. it will be our first as well but we are having so much fun at the York shoots so far this year that we don't want to miss this opportunity.

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    I've got a team, just need to get some practice time and figure out who will be manning each leg. it will be our first as well but we are having so much fun at the York shoots so far this year that we don't want to miss this opportunity.

Keep in mind SB, each team member will be required to shoot all 3 guns at some point. That helps keep teams from hiring a "ringer" to run all over the place with one gun.......

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Looking for a team that wants to beat those two posters that will 2nd to last and 3rd to last. I have medium skills.

ETA: Tactical Scope Division

Ditto. I'll try to run without the magnifier for practice but seeing those tiny long range targets makes me think I'll need it.

EvilOlive

Salty Marine
    Dec 13, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    This looks kicka**... Too bad I can't make it this weekend. I will definitely keep an eye on the blog and see if I can make it to a fun shoot.

Any suggestions for a starter shotgun to get into the 3 gun comps?

Also, where the hell does everyone find the ammo required. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom