• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Thing is the Beretta is a better value IMO than a comprable 1100. For $600 you can get a basic 11-87 or 1100, comes in a cardboard box with a single choke and a flat crappy stamped steel wrench. The Beretta comes in a really nice slim and short fitted plastic case, 5 peice choke set, good polymer T-handle wrench, sling swivels, spacers to set drop, cast and LOP, and even a bottle of oil. It is also chrome lined and has a much better trigger than the low end Remmys, so if you include what it would cost to do a trigger job on an 11-87 or 1100, 4 more chokes, a useable wrench, and even a basic short takedown case, you would be above the price of the Beretta. The only way to go cheaper would be to get a cheap O/U with random quality control, or get an 870 or 500 and pump your way through doubles(if you are only looking at singles trap, a pump is just fine). Like most things, if you get a cheap, but unreliable and poorly fitted gun, it is going to bring a out of frutration, and a negative experience, however a decent gun will at least take gun problems out of the equation and give you a better platform to learn with, and progress. If you end up not liking clays, you can always sell the Beretta and get a decent amount of money for it as it is a very popular gun to start out with, and they are always in demand.

i believe some random basspro associate made just that same point to mr kevmo when he was visiting...:innocent0

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    lol i'm so glad this went the .22lr CMMG conv hijack route. I think i'm going to get one after my next paycheck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom