• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    Havnt had a chance to handle the 2.0 yet but I did like the trigger on the PC. Only thing I don’t care for on the PC is the porting.

Anybody have the 2.0 that has compared it to the PC trigger? I also would rather have night sights rather than the fiber optic on the PC.

I was intrigued by the 45 when it came out but I think the 9mm will suit my needs fine.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    How can the PC be shot at night without blinding the shooter. I once set the ceiling at continental on fire shooting a ported springfield 1911.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I have shot my ported PC at night to test if I would have a flash or blinding issue and saw no noticeable difference between the PC shield and an unported Sig 290RS. Neither one blinded me at night. I was using regular 147 grain self defense ammo not +P.

I have held the Shield 45 that has the stippled grip and I wouldn't want it for my style of carry. I use an inside the waistband holster that sits at about 5 oclock which does cause the grip to rub against my skin. The stippled grip would not be comfortable in this case. I have a set of the rubber talon grips on my PC and really like the feel of it (shooting and carrying).

Proline Fisher

Mar 16, 2013
    Severn
    I own a PC and a regular Shield 9. I put about a hundred rounds thru my buddies 2.0. IMO the PC is a waste. The fiber optic sights are junk and the trigger is barely better. The 2.0 is better but no where near my regular Shield with an Apex trigger. I would get a regular Shield, drop in an Apex trigger and add night sights.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I own a PC and a regular Shield 9. I put about a hundred rounds thru my buddies 2.0. IMO the PC is a waste. The fiber optic sights are junk and the trigger is barely better. The 2.0 is better but no where near my regular Shield with an Apex trigger. I would get a regular Shield, drop in an Apex trigger and add night sights.

I agree with this provided you are willing or want to use an aftermarket trigger in a carry gun. I changed out the fiber sights for good night sites.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I have had a 45 shield since it was sold here. Cant recall if 12/16 or 15. Anyway, i carry it, when i do, IWB at 2-230 position and without a tee shirt next to skin i could not carry it. I took some fine grit sandpaper and worked the inside of the grip. Can’t see any difference and it became comfortable to carry. No effect on the grip i can tell in terms of performance.

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    Thanks for the feedback. I’m concidering the shield because it is a little slimmer than my G23.

I have bigger hands so I’m interested in the 2.0 having more texture on the grip to hang onto. I will be carrying it in a iwb holster so rubbing against my skin could be a issue though.

Have any of you had any issues with printing with the extended mag versus the flush fitting mag? I’m going with the alien gear cloak tuck 3.0 holster. A cop friend of mine has it and he says it’s very comfortable.

As far as trigger and sights go I noticed the trigger on the original sheild was kinda gritty and doesn’t break as clean as say my glock triggers. I’m very familiar with my glocks so if I can get a shield with a comparable trigger I’ll be happy. I’m kinda hesitant on a aftermarket trigger on a carry gun but I will look into the apex. I know everybody has thier opinion on night sights but I have trijicons on all my glocks and I just like having the extra benefit of being able to acquire a sight picture in low light. My wife’s duty weapon has a two dot system and I like them a little better than 3 dot. I feel that fiber optic sights belong on a target gun not a defensive gun but I could be wrong.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    The shields are not target guns. The triggers on my 9 and 45 are okay. Thats it. Okay. If i shoot my 27 at the same session with a shield, i can see the glock has a better trigger. For what they are, the shields produce better than they cost. I like the grip, although i need more on the 9 to keep from shooting lower and left. But despite being a bit thicker, the g27s and other mini glocks carry more comfortably than the shield for me. I cant explain it. Possibly the holster but i only use minimal kydex iwb for all. The extended mag will print a bit more than the flat base. The length of grip is the cause. In the summer 8 wear a silk dress shirt, unticked over pants. Unless i am walking into the wind, shield is hard to see with a dark shirt. Just got a G33 but would have no hesiytation recommending a shield to anyone.

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    I feel like I’m cheating on glock discussing buying another brand lol. I got to admit I’m I glock fanboy and I shoot them well.

I really want to add a 29 to the stable because I love the 10mm. I had a delta elite about 10 years ago and regret selling it. That thing had some horsepower for a auto pistol.

I havent had a chance to shoot any of the glock sub compacts but I did handle them and they felt a little chunky compared to the shield. I understand this is the trade off between single stacks and double stacks. I can conceal my G23 pretty well with winter clothing but I’m concidering the shield for light summertime wear.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Ya'll need to see the new Sig 365. It's a game changer, because it's about the same size as the Shield and Glock single stack, but it's 10+1. Hickok has a video on it.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Ya'll need to see the new Sig 365. It's a game changer, because it's about the same size as the Shield and Glock single stack, but it's 10+1. Hickok has a video on it.

I’m hoping that Sig comes out with a version that has a manual safety. Wig has included no safety features that have become standard on most every other carry gun. No double action weight first pull, no manual safety, no gip safety, not even the little trigger hinge/toggle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom