What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    Completed an OWB holster for my Sig 320 with compact slide and subcompact grip.

Attachments

• P320 Compact Sub OWB.jpg
      P320 Compact Sub OWB.jpg
      67.9 KB · Views: 380
    Last edited:

TreadNot

May 11, 2012
    Bel Air
    Not today, but just lately. Be been working up a .556 load using:
    75 grain Hornady BTHP
    Shooters World Tactical Rifle powder
    WCC brass
    Wolf magnum primers

Settled on 24.1 grains, averaging 2615 fps from a 16" barrel.

After loading up some more, went back to the range to sight in my Mueller red dot sight at 100 yards. 22LR shell for reference.

IMG_3921-001.jpg

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Completed an OWB holster for my Sig 320 with compact slide and subcompact grip.

I'm no OWB expert, but the shape of the holster holds the shape of the trigger. Is that supposed to be like that? It does not pull on the trigger when you pull the pistol out of the holster? educate me.

usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    That was a concern when inserting the gun in the holster, not for drawing the gun. When the kydex is formed the trigger is at rest, so it forms at rest. I did have mostly your same concern out of caution, so I tried it several times unloaded, holstering didn't pull the trigger. Then I removed the gun and heated that area up a little just to relieve the trigger impression a slight bit for added peace of mind.

Update: I wore the holster for 5 days on a trip to FL, in FL and back. I found that the grip still sticks out a little from the think rubber spacers between the leather parts and the back side of the kydex and the belt loops I purchase are for a super think belt. Being overly cautious about printing (***) I put the leather parts on the front side of the kydex and they helped pull it tighter.

(***) Most people say people like me, the infrequent carrier because of where we live, are to concerned with printing, since most people don't notice obvious things right in front of them. They are probably right... I don't want anyone to notice, not my kids, not my parents who we where visiting, not there neighbors... Incidentally, my kids do know, just not until after a day or so, or if we stop somewhere an I have to de-arm because of post office or SC or coming home.

Last edited:

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Adjusted seating depth for my new Delta Precision 180 gr JHP 40 s&w bullets.

Gave up on xtreme after they went BK and jacked prices.

Tumbling a hundred 6.5CM and a bunch of .300AAC together. They are dissimilar enough that I'm not worried about sorting them.
    Later on tonight, I will de-prime and clean the pockets on the 6.5CM. They got enough sand and dirt on/in them from shooting prone at Peacemaker I decided to tumble before de-priming and reforming the cases.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    ugh! Case prep feels like homework to me...and I didn't drop outta school to keep doing homework!:sad20:

(Ok...I didn't really drop out...but I really don't enjoy case prep!:o)
    Yeah it's the pits. To think I used to do all this 'by hand'. Sheesh!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Decapped/sized, neck turned, annealed (except the nickel cases), tumbled, final trimmed, and deburred/chamfered. Still have 2 more batches to finish up.

37161256_10216863664293305_5781670977129676800_o.jpg

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Yeah it's the pits. To think I used to do all this 'by hand'. Sheesh!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

At least when you get to assembly, you have a usuable finished product: "Hey look! I have all this ammo!:party29:"

After a days worth of case prep, you have components:
    "Hey look! I have...empty cases:sad20:"

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Got my 1050 mounted, need to order a part from Dillon though before it's up and running.

Trying to make a dent in my .300Blk pile now. Just loaded 200. Another 100 and I'll be out of bullets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom