• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    If you could buy this new for $400, would you...for concealed carry. Would you get 3 or 4 generation and why? I am familiar with the g27, but have decided against a drop in g33 barrel for EDC. Now, i carry the 27 or a shield .45. Rarely, a shield 9. Would like to hear your thoughts. Have read older threads on this forum.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I’ve got one on consignment at A1 uniform......3 mags, clip draw holster, and ammo(target and SD)......same price

Reminds me I got to drop the ammo off to Greg for the gun

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The Baby Glocks don't fit me at all , but they work for many/ most .

I like the .357Sig , and aparently you do also . I would probably be more open to a conversion bbl, but that's me . The naysayers would point out that 9mm +P+ closely approaches .357 power , albeit with 115gr vs 125gr .

My version of ultimate Glock Pocket Rocket is a G29sf in 10mm . Slightly larger, but fits my hand perfectly . * To Me * a Baby Glock is just too big for actual pocket carry , and * for Me * the G29 works just great as IWB/ belt .

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    FYI, there is a company called GeePlate that just came out with a new magazine base plate for the subs that make it the ultimate carry gun.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    The Baby Glocks don't fit me at all , but they work for many/ most .

I like the .357Sig , and aparently you do also . I would probably be more open to a conversion bbl, but that's me . The naysayers would point out that 9mm +P+ closely approaches .357 power , albeit with 115gr vs 125gr .

My version of ultimate Glock Pocket Rocket is a G29sf in 10mm . Slightly larger, but fits my hand perfectly . * To Me * a Baby Glock is just too big for actual pocket carry , and * for Me * the G29 works just great as IWB/ belt .

I wasnt aware of the 29. Slightly thicker and higher than the 33. Ok with the higher, thicker starts to add up. But odd the slightly thicker 27 is more comfortable iwb than the shield 45, which like the 27 disappears. Have never shot a 10mm nor a sig .357.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    The sig isn’t terrible and a fun range gun but not a 500 rounds a trip gun.....more like a 50/100 round a trip gun

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    That’s ok. My range trips are usually frequent and 100 rds or less. I have gotten use to $189/1000 delivered 9mm, $259/.45 and $220/.40. Guess i won’t see thatin .357 sig.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I wasnt aware of the 29. Slightly thicker and higher than the 33. Ok with the higher, thicker starts to add up. But odd the slightly thicker 27 is more comfortable iwb than the shield 45, which like the 27 disappears. Have never shot a 10mm nor a sig .357.

Always happy to meet people at Continental if I'm heading over. Got a Glock 20c/31c/32c in those calibers. Been needing an excuse to go try out my new 27c.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    "Wimpy" 10mm loads are essentially standard .40s&w . Mainstream "full power" 10mm similar to shooting short bbl medium frame .357 mag . Heavy handloads, or boutique specialty loads are rather brisk , but what you'd want for a gunfight with a large angry bear .

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Looking at about $320-360 per 1k

Holy moly. Until 25 yrs ago i didnt own a 9,and bought a p226 after trying many 9s, to shoot less expensivly than the 45s i liked and only shot. But i suspect 1000 rds of hardball will last a long time. I gripe a lot, so I will add that buying any Hand gun in md is trying. Fees, locks and multiple visits. Ok, no more compliants.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Am a member at continental. Used to shoot there a lot. Took the handgun instructors course there 17 years ago. Like a lot of the people there a great deal. Some have been there 25 years. You seem like a glock fan ( or a wholesaler). We have. 42,43 and 27. The 27 since the late 90s. The others are, of course, recent.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Am a member at continental. Used to shoot there a lot. Took the handgun instructors course there 17 years ago. Like a lot of the people there a great deal. Some have been there 25 years. You seem like a glock fan ( or a wholesaler). We have. 42,43 and 27. The 27 since the late 90s. The others are, of course, recent.

Just a Glock fan, I collect the Gen3 C models only, I started collecting the Gen4 C models but it started to get excessive, though my wife would say "more excessive." I'm in the process of having a copy made of the G35c which Glock only made 2 of and then turning a 17 into 17.5c which will function like a 17 but have the slide cuts/barrel cuts like an 18c.

Here's my latest one off.
    20180202_154126-jpg.384182

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Holy moly. Until 25 yrs ago i didnt own a 9,and bought a p226 after trying many 9s, to shoot less expensivly than the 45s i liked and only shot. But i suspect 1000 rds of hardball will last a long time. I gripe a lot, so I will add that buying any Hand gun in md is trying. Fees, locks and multiple visits. Ok, no more compliants.

I started a thread about splitting a case of 500 or 1000 .357 SIG, but am negotiating with someone on 1500. Would you be interested in splitting?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i had a glock 33 gen 3 and sold it after a few idpa matches. one thing i did wrong was add an extended slide release on it that i accidentally kept engaging.

in hindsight, i have a g32, a 23 and a 19 and those are really the perfect size. a full grip without having to add one of those grip extensions, which by the way just make the grip as long as a 32/23/19 anyways. if it's too heavy, just download it to the g33 capacity.

that said, the g33 was super accurate even with the short sight radius. i love the 357sig caliber. a hotter 9 but not so much hotter so recoil is very manageable. and if you buy case qty's online, ammo isn't that much more than the hotter 9's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom