• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I am not an Alien Gear fan nor an ankle holster fan, but this one looks viable and more comfy.

An under anklet with a slot for a support piece to keep the holster from sliding down. Top wrap with holster support "stick" slides into that pocket and an overwrap to secure it around the ankle/calf.
    Nice vented poly material to help keep cool.

This might be the one product that will get me to try an ankle holster for my G42.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    Looks very cool. I wish they had it for the LCP II. They do have them that will fit my G17 or my XD9 but those are both too large and heavy (loaded) for me to ankle carry.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I am not an Alien Gear fan nor an ankle holster fan, but this one looks viable and more comfy.

An under anklet with a slot for a support piece to keep the holster from sliding down. Top wrap with holster support "stick" slides into that pocket and an overwrap to secure it around the ankle/calf.
    Nice vented poly material to help keep cool.

This might be the one product that will get me to try an ankle holster for my G42.

Have you tried the Galco Ankle Glove? Supa comfy, no slippage.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I'm not a fan of the concept of ankle holsters, but it looks like this one solves a lot of the negative issues of the others. Somebody get one and let us know how it works for ya. :innocent0

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I do have the Shape Shift holsters for my Gock 27 and my SW40VE. The system is thought out very well and is very comfortable so I do recommend it Their is an appendix carry and IWB carry plus different clips that come with it if you order them also. They do not charge for the extra clips.The IWB holster can become a level 2 holster as well. I am thinking about getting the ankle accessory that comes with the rest of the kit to try it out.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Old school comfort...

Attachments

• 08A58A89-EF43-4DBB-A9AB-BBB84672674A.jpg
      08A58A89-EF43-4DBB-A9AB-BBB84672674A.jpg
      102.3 KB · Views: 353
    • 442566D5-3459-4A59-A951-3B4FC33723D9.jpg
      442566D5-3459-4A59-A951-3B4FC33723D9.jpg
      111 KB · Views: 355

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    I purchased the kit for my p320 subcompact and one for my shield. Because of the clips, attachment points, etc...It turned out to be bulky and not comfortable in an IWB/AIWB mode. In OWB mode it was really bulky and poor for concealed carry. I would worry that in ankle mode it would also be bulky and need bell bottom pants to hide.

I ended up sending it back. AlienGear didn't post my negative review on their page.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I purchased the kit for my p320 subcompact and one for my shield. Because of the clips, attachment points, etc...It turned out to be bulky and not comfortable in an IWB/AIWB mode. In OWB mode it was really bulky and poor for concealed carry. I would worry that in ankle mode it would also be bulky and need bell bottom pants to hide.

I ended up sending it back. AlienGear didn't post my negative review on their page.

IMHO, I think the 320 is pretty big for an ankle back up. I have fallen for other Alien Gear stuff to give it a try because it's cheap enough. I have yet to walk outside my house using any of it because it's a terrible product.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    IMHO, I think the 320 is pretty big for an ankle back up. I have fallen for other Alien Gear stuff to give it a try because it's cheap enough. I have yet to walk outside my house using any of it because it's a terrible product.

I am experimenting with a snub nose 38 in a Galco ankle lite....

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    biggest issue is getting used to one so your gait does not look like you have something wrong.

Steelersfan

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 28, 2013
    I wish my legs weren't so skinny. These are great if you wear very loose jeans with normal sized ankles. My bootcut 29x32's just don't accommodate ankle carry at all, no matter how small the gun. It's sad because I like this concept and have too many alien gear holsters already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom