• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Easy question. How do you organize your mags? I'm trying to get my gear more organized because I'm tired of looking for stuff for 30 min to find it stuffed in a third tier range bag I don't use anymore. So this brings us to mags. AR mags are easy, number with a paint pen and throw in a duffel bag. But what about pistol and other mags? I'm yet to find a space efficient way to store them. I probably have 80 or so assorted other mags that are just spread all over. A buddy has a rolling tool cabinet that he uses and works well, but I haven't been able to find a decent priced one. Anybody have good solutions for storing mags?

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Empty mags: File boxes with adhesive business card holder/sleeves on the end. I print the contents on the back of a business card with a Sharpie, slide it into the sleeve and the box is labeled. Change contents, change cards.

Full mags: Ammo cans, usually .50s or 'tall .50s', same card holder deal. Stacked and labeled. Grab-n-Go.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    I put little label stickers on them with the model of firearm written on them. I keep the extras in a big bag. It’s not the most organized way, but it’s been ok for me.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    A sample of how they're organized...
    mags.jpg

rifle-mags.jpg

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD

geda

Dec 24, 2017
    cowcounty
    I keep empty mags in cold war era eastern bloc wooden ammo boxes with the empty spam can removed, mostly 8mm and 7.62x54r. They are a good size for ar10 and ar15 mags, they stack nicely, and they dont weigh much. There are too many magazines to store them all in 30cal or 50cal sized plastic cans.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I got a couple over the door hanging shoe organizers. They are clear plastic and I put labels on them for what is what.

I just tacked them on a wall in the spare room.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I do it pretty much like Bob. Lots and lots of cheap plastic ammo cans.

Sort of the same for me. Though not “lots of”. I’ve got three ammo crates. One really big one filled with miscellaneous magazines. Two medium ones. One file with Glock mags. One filled with STANAGs. The few mags I leave loaded are in the safe.

Edited: actually that’s a lie. For a few guns I’ve got the mags in the ammo can. Example is my Cz82, only gots me that in 9MAK (I used to have a couple P64s, but sold them). So it’s mags are in the ammo can with my 9MAK Ammo. Same with my M57 mags and my 7.62x25 ammo.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Call me horrible, but I labelled them with a silver Sharpie except for ones that are obvious such as the Glock, which is imprinted on the bottom. Then they are all in a plastic 4 drawer cabinet something like this. It was when I was organizing all of them that I realized that I can't find my 2 standard size mags for my Jericho and I am guessing they are not widely available at shows like Gettysburg.

s-l640.jpg

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Easy question. How do you organize your mags? I'm trying to get my gear more organized because I'm tired of looking for stuff for 30 min to find it stuffed in a third tier range bag I don't use anymore. So this brings us to mags. AR mags are easy, number with a paint pen and throw in a duffel bag. But what about pistol and other mags? I'm yet to find a space efficient way to store them. I probably have 80 or so assorted other mags that are just spread all over. A buddy has a rolling tool cabinet that he uses and works well, but I haven't been able to find a decent priced one. Anybody have good solutions for storing mags?

Get ammo cans and write the model and caliber on the outside and toss them in. Before you toss them in, fill them up.

I only have a about 1/2 of my AR-15 mags filled up. What I don't have is any duce gear, 782, to tote them around with in an emergency.

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    Call me horrible, but I labelled them with a silver Sharpie except for ones that are obvious such as the Glock, which is imprinted on the bottom. Then they are all in a plastic 4 drawer cabinet something like this. It was when I was organizing all of them that I realized that I can't find my 2 standard size mags for my Jericho and I am guessing they are not widely available at shows like Gettysburg.

s-l640.jpg

I label mine with a paint pen from Walmart.

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    Get a community magazine organizer. Hard to get them off your couch when they're done, though.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC

s-l640.jpg

This is what I'm leaning towards. Two of these for pistol mags should do the trick. I'm not looking to store these loaded so the plastic should hold up. Link to where you bought that by any chance? For those who store em in ammo cans that's too much work to grab em when I want to go out back and shoot. The open drawer, grab mag, close drawer is right up my lazy alley. I number all my mags with a paint pen but think I'll invest in a label maker sometime soon for the drawers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom