• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    This thread will be used for discussion of the meeting of the HPRB on July 12, 2016.

DPSCS website link below. This site will be updated to reflect a change of meeting status or possible change of venue. The time and the location of the meeting is posted on the DPSCS HPRB website.
    http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/agencies/hprb.shtml

Per DPSCS website...

"The Handgun Permit Review Board will be meeting on Tuesday, July 12th and July 19th, 2016 at 6:00 pm, in a NEW LOCATION - 100 Community Place, Crownsville, MD 20132.

Four to five hearings are scheduled for each night."

Link to a map of the meeting location below.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...31ce20b658baca!8m2!3d39.0257318!4d-76.6081016

On a trial run, I found it easiest to enter at Crownsville Rd and make a quick right onto Fairfield Loop Rd. Community Place is approx. 100 yds. on the left. Follow Community Place around to the right past the Learning Center.

Easy access to the front of the building. Ample parking. There is a police officer stationed at the front desk upon entry to the building.
    As of today, 7/11/16, the desk officer was unsure of the meeting location within the building.

Attachments

• IMG_20160711_121520_433.jpg
      IMG_20160711_121520_433.jpg
      18.6 KB · Views: 385
    Last edited:

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    Do you think the building requires that we provide sign in with name, address, email and telephone number, besides being wanded down?

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    I plan on being there for this meeting for audio. Sorry to everyone for the last one. I forgot to post about my absence in the thread for the last meeting, but I did in the one prior to that.

Mark

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    It appears there will be additional guests participating in future meetings.

The president of Marylanders to Prevent Gun Violence is doing something she has never done before: organizing volunteers to monitor the state’s Handgun Review Permit Board.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...?hpid=hp_hp-cards_hp-card-local:homepage/card

“We want to make sure the people who got on the board are voting with Maryland laws and not their personal philosophies,” said group President Jen Pauliukonis, explaining why the volunteers will take minutes of meetings and record each decision by the board. “We’re doing this because of the new appointees and because of our concern that Governor Hogan was trying to weaken our concealed-carry laws through the appointments.”

You mean the way that Jurgena was booted because he was constantly voting based on his feelings and not the law? :rolleyes:

So much more fail in this quote, like the lie that Hogan is doing anything to increase the number of carry permits, or that board members can do anything to weaken the law.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    It appears there will be additional guests participating in future meetings.

The president of Marylanders to Prevent Gun Violence is doing something she has never done before: organizing volunteers to monitor the state’s Handgun Review Permit Board.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...?hpid=hp_hp-cards_hp-card-local:homepage/card

I am concerned that they, like MSP/AG, will be allowed to give testimony, or that they will at least try. What are the rules/regs on who is allowed to give testimony?

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I am concerned that they, like MSP/AG, will be allowed to give testimony, or that they will at least try. What are the rules/regs on who is allowed to give testimony?

They would need to be called as a witness by either MSP or the person appealing. Outside of that, nobody gives any feedback. (Outside of the AAG when he is asked questions by the board)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Now the watchers have to watch the counter-watchers to make sure they don't over step, in addition to watching the original players.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side

They would be subject to same rules of order that MDS members are. If the chairman opened the floor to questions i'm sure they could talk, but otherwise they would need to be respectful and silent just like we are.

It would amuse me greatly if they created disturbances and got booted from the meeting. It would amuse me even more if they refused leave and earned some stick time with a side of pepper from our friends in the MSP. The LD officers don't get as many opportunities to get rowdy due to the office nature of their job.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    “We want to make sure the people who got on the board are voting with Maryland laws and not their personal philosophies,” said group President Jen Pauliukonis, explaining why the volunteers will take minutes of meetings and record each decision by the board. “We’re doing this because of the new appointees and because of our concern that Governor Hogan was trying to weaken our concealed-carry laws through the appointments.”
    You mean the way that Jurgena was booted because he was constantly voting based on his feelings and not the law? :rolleyes:

So much more fail in this quote, like the lie that Hogan is doing anything to increase the number of carry permits, or that board members can do anything to weaken the law.

I predict this will last two meetings at the most, because there will be NO political drama opportunities for them. And how are they going to record decisions from closed parts of meetings in their "minutes"?

Not just fail, EPIC fail! :innocent0

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Damn it!

I will be on a motorcycle sojourn that week and will miss this opportunity to socialize with the Loony Left. I specifically planned this trip for that week months ago so I could make the regularly scheduled first Tuesday meeting......

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Shame they didn't feel it was necessary to monitor the HPRB over the last 15 years when it met behind locked MSP doors, in substandard facilities, excluded the public from all deliberations, violated the Open Meetings Act, failed to record the proceedings and take minutes, didn't even display flags, and generally acted as a mere rubber stamp for whatever decisions were made by the Licensing Division on behalf of the prior MSP Superintendents.

Now that they decide to show up the first thing they can do is thank Governor Hogan, Secretary Moyer, Chairman Wilson, and the other Board members for following the Open Meetings Act, improving transparency, providing better accomodations for the public, and furnishing the "checks and balances" that were intended.

I hope they actually show up to the meetings. They might actually learn something about the fundmental right to self-defense, and how Superintendent Pollazzi and his MSP Licensing Division dispense that right with an eye dropper as if it is a mere privilege. Oh, and the newcomers better bring their own donuts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom