• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    From today's capital. Wonder what the gun was doing in the car? DId she just buy it or was she heading to/from the range?:

A thief broke into a car parked in a strip mall lot and stole a handgun Tuesday afternoon.
    When officers responded to the West Annapolis Shopping Center at 607 Taylor Ave. at 2:23 p.m., a 46-year-old woman told them that she had parked her Infiniti FX35 and then went inside the Rite-Aid drug store.
    After shopping for 30 minutes, the woman returned to her car and found the rear passenger window had been broken. A Springfield XDM 9 mm handgun, with an estimated value of $700, was taken from the trunk, police said.

http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/...cle_5df0a211-a50e-55d7-8e14-d688537fb1c0.html

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Assuming you are not just being facetious, who gives a crap that it was in the car/trunk while she stopped at the pharmacy - regardless of what the law says - the point is that someone obviously followed her and knew it was in the trunk! Let's not make the victim the perp for not following a stupid law, and rather concentrate on the dirt bag criminal that exploited this women's naïve disposition. After all, if this stupid State would have issued her a Carry & Wear Permit it would have never been a problem! :sad20:

slybarman

Feb 10, 2013
    We are in the state we are in. Stupid yes. She would not be the first person followed from a store/range either. I am curious to see if she gets jammed up for having it in the trunk, the state's priorities being what they are.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Assuming you are not just being facetious, who gives a crap that it was in the car/trunk while she stopped at the pharmacy - regardless of what the law says - the point is that someone obviously followed her and knew it was in the trunk! Let's not make the victim the perp for not following a stupid law, and rather concentrate on the dirt bag criminal that exploited this women's naïve disposition. After all, if this stupid State would have issued her a Carry & Wear Permit it would have never been a problem! :sad20:

^THIS
    YES

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    Can I play devil's advocate? I would assume that if she admitted to having a loaded handgun in the car that she was carrying around with her, the police would have said something different or pressed some kind of charges against her. Correct?

Gmercury2000

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Gambrills
    The lady was headed home from shooting at the range. I spoke with some ppl involved with the police interview. Funny part is she called the range she left and chewed them out for not telling her she is supposed to go only to and from the range with the firearm in the car. Lol

slybarman

Feb 10, 2013
    Do we know what range? I think the last time this type thing was posted, the person was followed from on target.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk.

slybarman

Feb 10, 2013
    I think we all have to run SDRs each time we leave on target. I'm only half kidding.

Seth

Sep 17, 2013
    Wonder if we can make being a customer of On Target a candidate for G/S?

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    there's some shady characters around that on target.

If you were a criminal who wanted a gun, why not just follow someone leaving a shooting range?

I mean, you show up to the Taco Bell for your munchies, and realize there's a range right there, and then a masterful plan emerges in your reefer-baked psyche

'follow people... steal their guns... IT'S ALL COMING TOGETHER!"

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    The shopping center where the gun was stolen is 20-25 miles away from On Target. That's a long way to follow someone.

slybarman

Feb 10, 2013
    The shopping center where the gun was stolen is 20-25 miles away from On Target. That's a long way to follow someone.

True, but most of it is down 97. Wouldn't be hard to follow somebody down the highway that isn't expecting to be followed.

Could all just be a coincidence . . . or not.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Another reason I like shooting at Freestate, even though On Target is much closer. It's nearly impossible to not notice someone follow you from there.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    Who ever stole the woman's gun might have had intentions of following her all the way home. That is scary. Everyone needs to be more vigilant.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I thought I heard/read that smash and dash was on the rise in MD right now. Not just guns being taken, everything. But yes, I think that's at least 3 from OT in the past 2 months?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom