• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flyingblind

Oct 3, 2012
    Is the Polish Tantal regulated, I ask because the action design is the same as the AK47 but the caliber is different and tha Saiga is not regulated, and again same design in action but not the same caliber. Thoughts?

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    Our opinions count little. You need to call the FFL's that you would use for the transfer/purchase. No matter what anyone here says, if the FFL says it is regulated, he treats it as regualted.
    Might call the MSP and ask them.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Saiga 12 is unregulated because it is a smooth bore shotgun, not a rifle. The Tantal and all other AK74 variants are regulated just like the AK47 and AKM rifles.

flyingblind

Oct 3, 2012
    Thanks guys, I though so, but a prospective buyer was trying to tell me it wasnt. I just wanted clarification. Ill just go to Chantilly this weekend and sell it off.

Vikingpwr67

Jan 28, 2013
    Baltimore
    if you look at the regulated firearms list it specifically states "AK-47" which is 7.62x39. The att. general defines a copycat weapon one of same form and function with the same caliper round. leaving me to wonder how the "AK_74" is "regulated"???? it should not be a regulated firearm?? any input?

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    the form and function of an ar-10 and ar-15 are the same are they not???

I don't know if you know this, our state legislature is mostly retarded. They point out AK-47 specifically, then "Avtomat Kalashnikov semiautomatic rifle in any format" for what I can only assume is them not reading they pointed the only AK any of them even know exists. Then that phrase is warped to include anything that looks or acts like an AK, because we all know AKs are scary guns used in all the crimes in movies and video games.

Travis Bickle

Jul 13, 2012
    MoCo
    We all know the laws dont make sense. Thats why we come on here and complain about them all the time.
    Your not going to find someone who will sell you and ak74 cash and carry as a Maryland resident. I tried when I was 18 and had to wait it out.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    the form and function of an ar-10 and ar-15 are the same are they not???

The meaning of the word copy is not ifinititely. plastic. On some level of abstraction the form and function of any gun is the same as any other gun. Thus every gun is a copy of every other gun...

Now if you want to make the oposositions case for them do so.

But if not stop talking.

Or accept the fact that the recent interest in ar-10 is a direct result of people on this site speculating. Like wise hbar..

I remember the thread. I can't stop you, but then I got mine.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom