• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Maryland allows concealed carry, it is just extremely limited. Illinois had no permitting scheme at all IIRC.

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    I sat on a plane the other day with a woman from Chicago. I steered the conversation to gun control and Illinois. She really had not give gun ownership much thought much less what was going on regarding cc. I told her to google her state and gun carry permits.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I sat on a plane the other day with a woman from Chicago. I steered the conversation to gun control and Illinois. She really had not give gun ownership much thought much less what was going on regarding cc. I told her to google her state and gun carry permits.

People living in states like Mass,MD and Illinois have no idea about The 43 states of America.

SungJunKim

R.I.P.
    Dec 25, 2009
    Maryland CCW Permit: Stand-by to Stand-By

We're suppose to be "The Free State" also. I have in the past held two MD CCW permits First, as a Active/Certified state Correctional Officer with three documented threats. Second, as an actively employed police officer for documentation purposes in addition to HR-218/LEOSA and agency policy. The MSP paper applications for both times was comparable to a US Government, SF-86, Questionnaire for National Security Positions which was a 127 page form used for security clearances, the SF-86 is electronic now. Thank God, the MSP form was only around 17 pages if memory serves me right but it felt like 127 pages. I wish MSP would transition over to electronic application system already.

The interview portion, the first time (2005) was done at the Kelso Dr barracks and the trooper was very "cool" with me probably because I was still in the military (USNR)at the time and working as a C.O. for the state. He asked the standard questions Why? Where? What kind of weapon? How are you going to secure it? I then showed my documentation of three threats and he said I was good to go. The whole interview took about less then 10 mins and my permit showed up about 1.5 months later.

The second time (2011) went about the same except the interviewer was not a trooper and it was actually at HQ. The interviewer was a investigative assistant and asked the previous questions but she also asked a couple new ones. The new questions were possible CCW event questions tailored to my application, my answers basically reiterated that I wanted the permit for off-duty self-defense of myself and others, if necessary. Also, to serve as secondary documentation, I pretty much kept telling her that I also didn't want to become complacent and wished to be prudent, in regards to personal security. Again, the whole interview took about less then 10 mins and my permit showed up about 1.5 months later.

It's obvious that my past MD CCW processed successfully because of my past occupations but for those who do not meet the occupation categories. I imagine with the attitude of the state leaders and the politics presently. The average Marylander will have to endure a tremendous amount of "red tape" and opinion, bias of those opposed to the average person carrying a "regulated weapon" (handgun). Maryland has had CCW and for number for years but either for employment only, a select group of individuals and the "elite".

My advice to you, go sixty miles south. Where the real America exists, The America where I want find to home, start a family and raise my children. The America where I don't have to go Wal-Mart or similar store and hear some f**king clearly, drug addicted, stupid, ignorant, inbred, a**clown c**t with 5 kids who are obviously from five different fathers talk/whisper about me using words like Chink or Gook because I'm taking too long and her 5 f**king kids who are also clearly also annoying everyone else in line. The lady that probably hasn't done shit with has life other than suck some drug dealers c**k for some H or crack, get knocked up 5 times and has never left the Essex/Middle River area or the trailer park on route 40. The America where all you need to get a CCW permit is the completed application, application fee, DD214 or other proof of training and a ID/passport photo.

Unfortunately, instead of giving Marylanders the choice to defend themselves our elected officials would rather spend taxpayer money on meaningless social programs. So, that a**clown, c**ksucking c**t of a human being can get monthly benefits for some Newports and Narcotics. Maryland, the Free State only for the dependent and defenseless class......

ThatGuy179

Apr 2, 2012
    Pasadena
    We're suppose to be "The Free State" also. I have in the past held two MD CCW permits First, as a Active/Certified state Correctional Officer with three documented threats. Second, as an actively employed police officer for documentation purposes in addition to HR-218/LEOSA and agency policy. The MSP paper applications for both times was comparable to a US Government, SF-86, Questionnaire for National Security Positions which was a 127 page form used for security clearances, the SF-86 is electronic now. Thank God, the MSP form was only around 17 pages if memory serves me right but it felt like 127 pages. I wish MSP would transition over to electronic application system already.

The interview portion, the first time (2005) was done at the Kelso Dr barracks and the trooper was very "cool" with me probably because I was still in the military (USNR)at the time and working as a C.O. for the state. He asked the standard questions Why? Where? What kind of weapon? How are you going to secure it? I then showed my documentation of three threats and he said I was good to go. The whole interview took about less then 10 mins and my permit showed up about 1.5 months later.

The second time (2011) went about the same except the interviewer was not a trooper and it was actually at HQ. The interviewer was a investigative assistant and asked the previous questions but she also asked a couple new ones. The new questions were possible CCW event questions tailored to my application, my answers basically reiterated that I wanted the permit for off-duty self-defense of myself and others, if necessary. Also, to serve as secondary documentation, I pretty much kept telling her that I also didn't want to become complacent and wished to be prudent, in regards to personal security. Again, the whole interview took about less then 10 mins and my permit showed up about 1.5 months later.

It's obvious that my past MD CCW processed successfully because of my past occupations but for those who do not meet the occupation categories. I imagine with the attitude of the state leaders and the politics presently. The average Marylander will have to endure a tremendous amount of "red tape" and opinion, bias of those opposed to the average person carrying a "regulated weapon" (handgun). Maryland has had CCW and for number for years but either for employment only, a select group of individuals and the "elite".

My advice to you, go sixty miles south. Where the real America exists, The America where I want find to home, start a family and raise my children. The America where I don't have to go Wal-Mart or similar store and hear some f**king clearly, drug addicted, stupid, ignorant, inbred, a**clown c**t with 5 kids who are obviously from five different fathers talk/whisper about me using words like Chink or Gook because I'm taking too long and her 5 f**king kids who are also clearly also annoying everyone else in line. The lady that probably hasn't done shit with has life other than suck some drug dealers c**k for some H or crack, get knocked up 5 times and has never left the Essex/Middle River area or the trailer park on route 40. The America where all you need to get a CCW permit is the completed application, application fee, DD214 or other proof of training and a ID/passport photo.

Unfortunately, instead of giving Marylanders the choice to defend themselves our elected officials would rather spend taxpayer money on meaningless social programs. So, that a**clown, c**ksucking c**t of a human being can get monthly benefits for some Newports and Narcotics. Maryland, the Free State only for the dependent and defenseless class......

Ok. Stop holding back. What do you really think. :lol:

Wendigo

Hungry
    Mar 31, 2013
    Reisterstown
    cm-41533-050dcc3394a494.jpeg

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster
    I heard they'll charge $300 for non-resident. Maybe Maryland will recognize it just to see how many people are willing to drop $300 for their 2nd amendment rights in MD.

eventhorizon

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 12, 2011
    Arnold

This is great, I imagined Morgan Freeman narrarating it. :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom