• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    Just got off the phone with Jameson's office. The staff lady said that Delegate Jameson has been against this bill all along and still plans to vote against it and to let everyone know. I asked her to pass along my thanks.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    Mary-Dulany James is "probably going to vote no" per her office. 34a constituents need to keep calling to get rid of that "probably"

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    Just (two minutes ago) got off the phone with Olszewski's office. Spoke with his assistant and she assured me that he is still voting against the bill.

(Let's not attack our allies, here.)

Yeah some of these names I don't understand. The other day I got a call from Patrick McGrady (Liberty something???) urging me to call CT Wilson. Delegate Wilson sat down with me for over 20 minutes on two seperate occasions to assure me that he was voting against the bill and was working on the other delegates to try to get them to change their minds. We need to be hammering Murphy's office, not Jameson or Wilson. We don't want to frustrate our allies.

ZeroCool

Nov 8, 2006
    New PA Resident...
    just spoke with Pam Beidle and she is OPPOSED to the bill in current form.

I'm going to be very interested in Pam's actions on this one.

She has been very careful to not give concrete answers and has been adding qualifiers to her stance on this bill (e.g., "in its current form").

We need a "I am OPPOSED to this bill in all forms" from her.

She has put in writing that she supports concealed carry, so there is hope with her, I think.

flyingblind

Oct 3, 2012
    Keep it up until we see red on the vote board. Not until then...we aren't attacking you can change your message to thanks for your support we will back you all the way if you oppose 281

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Just got off the phone with Jameson's office. The staff lady said that Delegate Jameson has been against this bill all along and still plans to vote against it and to let everyone know. I asked her to pass along my thanks.

Mary-Dulany James is "probably going to vote no" per her office. 34a constituents need to keep calling to get rid of that "probably"

Yeah some of these names I don't understand. The other day I got a call from Patrick McGrady (Liberty something???) urging me to call CT Wilson. Delegate Wilson sat down with me for over 20 minutes on two seperate occasions to assure me that he was voting against the bill and was working on the other delegates to try to get them to change their minds. We need to be hammering Murphy's office, not Jameson or Wilson. We don't want to frustrate our allies.

The short answer and the answer we are looking for is an official PUBLISHED POSITION. Ask them to provide a published opinion.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Tell them to bring it writing signed to Delegate Smigel's off and we will pull them off of the list and call off the dogs on contacting them. We will also then ask everyone to support them.

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    Per the source go get um kids!!
    Bohanan
    Jameson
    Olszewski
    Beidle
    Cane
    Conway
    Rudolph
    James
    Lafferty
    Murphy

Emails, faxes, calls, donors, visits please!!!!!

I'm confused as to why Beidle is on this list but Love is not? Beidle keeps saying she's against it (not that I trust a politician's stance after DeGrange's backstabbing). Love keeps refusing to state a position.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    We cannot be sure emails are going thru. If you have a chance please call...especially the ones from your district.

OEH

Nov 18, 2010
    29B
    Bohanan published a letter in the Enterprise last week saying that he would not vote for 281. Where did this list come from? Is this another McGrady CF?

Bagpiperer

Mar 23, 2013
    Just got a response from Lafferty; he feels that the proposed package doesn't unduly infringe on the right to keep and bear.

He seems confident that Baltimore County wants more gun control, and thinks that licensing, training, and background checks are going to actually prevent prohibited persons from obtaining firearms. I'll write him another email pointing to stats, but I'm not confident it'll have much effect. Not sure what his stance on the elimination of sentence diminution for gun offenses is, but I'd expect it to be along party lines.

Wynter

Jul 27, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    I just got off the phone with several delegates. I was there earlier today, but had to go back to work. I am making more calls, we need to help positively influence Delegate Love!

According to their aides:

Delegate Beidle - opposes bill
    Delegate Bohanan - opposes bill
    Delegate Love - HAS NOT STATED position on bill.

kehvN

Dec 28, 2012
    Harford County
    Email response today from Del. Lafferty:

First let me apologize for not responding to your prior emails. Our office has received over 10,000 emails about the proposed gun legislation. Very few, less than 4%, are from the district but the volume has taken a huge amount of time to go through. This has negatively impacted the ability to provide responses as timely as I would like.

Polls have repeatedly showed that constituents in my district, Baltimore County and Maryland want stronger gun control laws. While I respect your opinion on the firearms issue, I must disagree.

I have been a strong supporter of gun control legislation for over twenty years. Gun violence permeates all parts of our community. Homicides, suicides and mass killings point to the need for stronger regulations. I also strongly support our United States and Maryland Constitutions. I have sworn to uphold them and will. Your Constitutional rights are not being abridged by the proposed legislation as your right to own a firearm is not precluded nor are you required to register any firearms you legally own. The courts have made it clear that reasonable regulation of firearms is permitted. This legislation, I believe, is reasonable and will withstand a Constitutional challenge.

Maryland currently bans assault pistols. While longer barrel assault weapons may not be the primary problem, gangs and seriously violent criminals do use them. As we have seen, access to these weapons can increase the potential for killing and maiming. Banning them and larger clips is a step forward.

I want to limit access to children, the mentally ill and criminals. The recent murder of the Corrections official in Colorado highlights the ability of people to legally buy a firearm and then transfer it to someone who is otherwise ineligible to have one. We must take steps to prevent this. I believe that licensing, background checks and training are important parts of this process.

Again, I apologize for not responding before.

Sincerely,

Stephen Lafferty

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom