• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    Jameson told me that her family were all gun owners and she grew up hunting and that she was definately against the bill. Did something change??

Murphy on the other hand is a prick and wouldn't even give me two minutes much less an answer on whether he was for or against. Although now I think we know why.

chappy444

Feb 15, 2013
    below is the letter I sent off to the delegates on the list...
    I got an immediate bounce back from Dulany that her mail box was full.

Hello Delegate,

Days like today are the days that it must be great to be a delegate, how many people (outside of the military) get the opportunity to defend the Constitution of the United States and the Bill of Rights.
    I know that you are being pressured from both sides of the isle to vote this way or that way but I would ask you to vote the way of the constitution.
    After reading The Firearm Safety Act of 2013 it must be clear to you that nothing in this bill makes anyone "Safer" and only serves as a punishment to otherwise law abiding citizens. Passing a bill because it is the movement of the moment is not legislating. You have your positions for a higher purpose and that is to protect the constitution from people that would try to corrupt it for their own gain.
    I will be watching with great interest your votes today on SB281 and will take your votes into consideration when placing my votes.
    thank you for defending the constitution

William XXXXXXXXX
    Maryland resident.

flyingblind

Oct 3, 2012
    Folks these are fence sitters, they are under pressure to flip flop from MOM et al. Your calls are their backup to know that they are doing the right thing by opposing the bill. 15 minutes ago the caucuses began their meetings. These delegates know we won't leave them hanging. Send them Facebook messages saying you support their opposition to the bill, call their offices etc. this is our turning point and how we will win the day!!

Ellegon

Ultimate Member
    Sep 15, 2012
    Parkville
    Letter sent.
    We are watching how you vote on this bill very carefully. We are also in contact with your donors so they know how their money is being spent.With the DINO chart attached!!!

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
      Picture1.jpg
      63.4 KB · Views: 136

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Just emailed the following verbiage to the 10 listed.

Please stop SB 281 to keep jobs in Maryland and Save Money

Regardless of one’s views on guns and the Second Amendment, the ill-conceived proposed bill, Maryland SB281, will be very costly to the state on multiple levels.

First of all, this bill will cost Maryland jobs. Three manufacturers in this state (Beretta, LWRC and Adcor) are bringing $200 Million into this state this year, and they employ more than 1,000 Maryland residents. All that is at risk if you vote to pass SB281, as Magpul is leaving Colorado and Colt is preparing to leave Connecticut.

Second, this bill will cost Maryland money that it can use elsewhere on more productive areas such as putting more cops on the street. Gun control laws, particularly those involving registration schemes and list keeping that tie up law enforcement, historically do nothing to stop crime, and go way over in initial projected costs.

The Maryland’s ballistic fingerprinting program implemented in 2000 had cost Maryland taxpayers about $2.6 million by 2005, but had not solved or prevented a single crime according to a Washington Post article.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A16475-2005Jan17.html

A gun registration program in Canada implemented in 1993 was supposed to cost about $2 million Canadian dollars. Before it was recently scrapped, the program eventually cost Canadian taxpayers roughly $1 billion Canadian dollars according to Wikipedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Firearms_Registry

Please stop SB281 to keep jobs in Maryland and to prevent wasting money that the state does not have

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Stupid question, but what is the significance of the ones on the list? Fence sitters?

I noticed that my so-called representatives, Valentino-Smith and Hubbard (23A) aren't on the list, but they have proven themselves this session to be true enemies of liberty and true friends of criminals, and are totally carrying O'Malley's jock strap...

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    Just (two minutes ago) got off the phone with Olszewski's office. Spoke with his assistant and she assured me that he is still voting against the bill.

(Let's not attack our allies, here.)

ineoin

Feb 25, 2013
    E-mails sent

Delegate
    I urge you to oppose SB281. This proposed law does nothing to curb violence. In fact an amendment that would have made life harder for criminals was defeated after being approved in committee!!!! SB281 will destroy around 1000 Maryland jobs. Turning 1000 taxpaying Marylanders into non taxpaying unemployed persons devastating their family incomes and lives.

SB281 removes a right assured to us by the constitution and turns it into a privilege requiring a license to acquire a handgun. It also will ban so called assault weapons. There are no assault weapons available to the public. What this law will ban are the commonly owned semi automatic fire arms that are used by hunters and target shooters all over the country.

I urge you to oppose this unjust and constitutionally wrong law.

Thank You,
    XXXXXX
    Maryland

NRA member
    MSI member

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads