• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Unload really???? Just throw them in the" trash can" ( at you bench) and forget about it . My bet is it is used range brass anyway. Why would you want to unload them and eater hurt someone or maybe screw there pistol up. THROW THEM AWAY AND MOVE ON. Learn from this .

Excellent advice! This load is around 2 gr hotter than anything I've ever loaded with Unique in 45ACP!

DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    I think unloading them as in breaking them down with an inertial puller is perfectly OK. "Unloading" them as in shooting them would be dangerous, because as byf43 has noted, that's a dangerous overcharge.
    Putting live rounds in the trash, especially these, is problematic for a number of reasons.
    DocAitch

Last edited:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Might be a .45 ACP REVOLVER load.

I see one near that for a 200 gr bullet in the Sierra manual. But for a REVOLVER.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Why not?-you can salvage the powder and reflare the brass with the charging die. I do it all too often and will probably have to do it again this week end because I loaded some squibs again (up to 150 rounds). 30 is nothing.
    DocAitch

I used a puller to take down about 1200 9mm...they really were not that bad, but they were well in the +p range (5.8 gr unique over a 124 gr flat point) and seated a bit deeper than ideal. The jump to the threads was hurting accuracy and i just didnt want them being pushed so hard...they were hitting over 1215 fps avg. in 40* temps outside. Pulled them, took about 8 hours total over 5 days, and now waiting to retest the new loads before reloading them all. Big mistake on my part, my main f up was going by old data. The older unique loads are about 1gr higher than the new, cleaner, unique formula. Lesson well learned.

I did test the loads for feeding, function and accuracy before the mass loading...All were fine, no signs of over pressure or anything with over 100 rounds tested...accuracy is subjective though, i am not the best handgun shooter so i figured that was just me.

New load is 4.9 gr over the same bullets, only seating depth decreased by .18" so now the new oal is 1.145"

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    I chuckled. I use 5.5gr of Bullseye...I imagine that 8gr of Unique would provide a very unique experience and one helluva youtube video.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Presuming the "round nose" bullet is anywhere near 230grs , way too much. I'd even have to think 3 times about using in .45acp cylnder of a Blackhawk. Either pull down , or dispose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom