• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    If you hooked the crank to an electric motor it would be interesting. But probably illegal? You'd need bigger magazines as well.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    If you hooked the crank to an electric motor it would be interesting. But probably illegal? You'd need bigger magazines as well.

Wouldn't you then have a variation of a scaled-down GAU-19 or a GE minigun?

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    There is a company that makes a small wheel mounted modern 9mm Gatlin gun... takes large Glock mags and operates on a true crank system with multiple rotating barrels. Saw one on display in WV and was overcome with a severe case of want.

Kentucky Ballistics had one he uses in a few videos. He even put a 100 round drum in it.

Conductor

Mar 14, 2014
    Loudoun County, VA
    There is (was?) a guy in the Ballmer area that makes (made?) full-size 45-70 "Bulldog" Gatling guns. My buddy Kenny White in Jefferson bought one, and built a full-size steel field carriage for it. The wooden wheels on the carriage are 55 inches high. Kenny passed away last year, and the gun was sold to a guy in St. James, MD.
    Kenny told me when he bought it that he filled out a 4473 with the type of firearm shown as "other".
    Colt contracted with the guy who made them, and they were sold by Colt (at a substantial mark-up) for several years. The guy who made the Gatlings also made the re-issue of the Colt 1908 automatic pistol in .380

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    There is a company that makes a small wheel mounted modern 9mm Gatlin gun... takes large Glock mags and operates on a true crank system with multiple rotating barrels. Saw one on display in WV and was overcome with a severe case of want.

I have a friend that bought one of these six months ago without issue here.

Jul 1, 2012
    There is (was?) a guy in the Ballmer area that makes (made?) full-size 45-70 "Bulldog" Gatling guns. My buddy Kenny White in Jefferson bought one, and built a full-size steel field carriage for it. The wooden wheels on the carriage are 55 inches high. Kenny passed away last year, and the gun was sold to a guy in St. James, MD.
    Kenny told me when he bought it that he filled out a 4473 with the type of firearm shown as "other".
    Colt contracted with the guy who made them, and they were sold by Colt (at a substantial mark-up) for several years. The guy who made the Gatlings also made the re-issue of the Colt 1908 automatic pistol in .380

US Armament?
    The Colt Model M they make is in .32ACP, we've been waiting for the .380 for a while :)

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    I'm just trying to imagine the response at AGC if someone randomly started teeing off with a gatling gun on the 100 yard range.

:lol2:

Probably not much if they showed up on one of the TCA's events on the Barnes range. :)

If history is any indicator, many folks (RSOs included) would come over to watch and ask questions. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom