• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cobol2Java

Feb 10, 2020
    Lothian
    When I first got started, I made the mistake of buying a few boxes of 9x21 ammo for my H&K VP9. I wondered why I was getting failure-to-feed jams, LOL. Doh!

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    On my first trip shooting anywhere, I went to Horst and McCann. They gave me the wrong caliber for the gun they gave me. Thankfully the round wouldn't seat in the chamber properly because it was too big so the slide was still open about an inch. I am not sure what would have happened if the round was too small. That was the last time I ever went to H & M.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    You've got us curious now , what was that mismatch ?
    38Super in 9x19 ?

We've seen pictures in this thread of 9mm in .40 , etc , and the mouth bulged , and occasionally , the case split .

And circa 1990 a lot of research was done by Federal Ctg & SAAMI . Federal had developed the 9mm Federal aka 9mm Rimmed in conjunction with Charter Arms . Upon submittal to SAAMI for standardisation , it was discovered that the 9mmFed would chamber in .38S&W , and was concerns that would produce dangerous pressure in .38S&W guns .

After much testing was determined that enough energy was used to swell and/ or split the case , that the resulting chamber pressures were within the limits for .38S&W .

And the other question in everyone's mind , the .380 in 9x19 . If the extracter catches the rim , it will go bang , but might/ probably won't succuesfully cycle .

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I accidentally shot a 9x19 out of a .357 Sig barrel one time. If it was life and death remember that the first 9mm will fire successfully out of a .357 Sig, however you won't get another to fire until you pry the remains of the case out of the chamber.
    As for that case the only way I can see it firing in a .380 is a slamfire. What does the back of the case say? 9mm Luger or 9mm Comp or 9mm Super Comp? The last 2 are another name for 9x23mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom