• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The dept is quick to point out that most are linked to drugs, gangs, prior violence. Well then I feel better!

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...d-ci-murder-increase-20131106,0,5895914.story

Too bad Frosh prevented the Senate from putting stiffer penalties for weapons crimes.

Every time there is a burglary, home invasion suspect, look em up. probation. suspended sentence. but they dud just enough time in jail to learn some skills and "network".

Anyone think crime is going anywhere but up under Brown/Frosh? But hey, lets give tge inmates tablets to make there stay more comfy like a Holiday Inn.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Just got to wait until the guns already on the street run out of boollitts, then the bad guys won't be able to get new guns since they won't qualify for the new license. It just takes time for our dear leaders plans to fully take effect.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    The dept is quick to point out that most are linked to drugs, gangs, prior violence.

I don't mind its so high. As noted above if that's the case then what we are seeing here is more of a service to the community.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    And according to a quick Google we've lost 107 soldiers in an actual freaking war zone this year.

Yup nothing to see here folks. Keep reelecting the same old same old. You'd think the city residents would get tired of burying their young and family but it seems acceptable.

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    The dept is quick to point out that most are linked to drugs, gangs, prior violence. Well then I feel better!

But one life saved is better than nothing, especially for the children.....

MAIG version would be thats 200 more lives lost to gun violence....

MD laws would send the perp to jail, for 5 years allow him to serve 1 and be let out because he got good credits and he would be back out on the street again doing it again.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    From a WBAL article regarding last year's totals:

According to police officials, there were 217 murders in the city in 2012, 20 more than the 197 recorded in 2011

It was blamed on "rival gangs"

Demographics linked HERE (note the nearly 80% of suspects with prior records)

D.C. recorded 88 homicides in 2012, the lowest number there in 50 years.

Plus, we have more than double the rate (per 100k) than DC.

Right now, Baltimore is on pace for something north of 225.

Yay, Chairman Martinet O'MAOlley.
    Yay, Princess Stephanie of the Baltimorons.
    (I've noticed both of them have been strangely silent lately)

Now, bring on the excuses for higher taxes for more funding to "fight crime", and the cycle can begin again.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I decided to compose a letter to the MDGA regarding this. Was it Del. M. Smiegiel who introduced removing the possibility of early release for those convicted of a crime with a gun?

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Wall off the city and let them have at it. It should be a self healing wound. Eventually they kill each other off.

I know, that's really not the answer but it makes me feel good to say that.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Thanks for the history help. It is a shame it is a small percentage of the population committing these murders and it is pointed to to justify placing further restrictions on everyone's firearms ownership by unscrupulous legislators. 2014!

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    SO if Baltimore exceeds its murder number for this year can it be said SB281 actually cost lives after implementation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom