• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave T

So Here is my Story RE this DC thing
    Submission number 1
    4/9-They lost it
    5/30 resubmitted and verified they received it via certified mail was told they would "rush" it
    6/19 its gone missing again...
    Yikes!!!

I emailed Trooper Thompson the other day just asking for verification that they have my application (I mailed it in late May). Today I got the same canned response that jpo183 received. Guess I'll have to wait my 6 weeks to find out if they actually have it.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    So Here is my Story RE this DC thing
    Submission number 1
    4/9-They lost it
    5/30 resubmitted and verified they received it via certified mail was told they would "rush" it
    6/19 its gone missing again...
    well, fancy that. Sounds like you made "the list". :)

Third time's the charm?

This time put a GPS tracker chip on the application?

nrcrock69

Jun 4, 2013
    mailing my letter of today, So far I've gathered that first class is the best way to go but cant seem to find out if I need to send a fee with it?

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    Mailed my app in regular mail on 4/16
    I got nervious a few days ago that I should have sent it certified so I emailed Trooper Thompson on 6/14. On 6/17 she emailed back saying I had been approved and a letter mailed out on 6/10.
    I got the letter yesterday on 6/20 dated 6/9.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Mailed my app in regular mail on 4/16
    I got nervious a few days ago that I should have sent it certified so I emailed Trooper Thompson on 6/14. On 6/17 she emailed back saying I had been approved and a letter mailed out on 6/10.
    I got the letter yesterday on 6/20 dated 6/9.

I wonder how they define "mailed out"? 10 days for an in state post? Even the USPS can't be that slow. My guess is the approved letters go into an envelope and into an "out" box for mailing. Then once a week or so some clerk runs them through the postage machine and sticks them in a box for postal pickup. Having gotten an email yesterday saying my app was being processed yesterday afternoon, I guess I can expect to see a letter by the end of next week.

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    04.29 - Mailed (normal USPS not certified)
    06.20 - "Approved and letter will be mailed out shortly"
    07.?? - Received ;)

flyingblind

Oct 3, 2012
    I know your out and about but wanted to share with you a statue from MD found here http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/getfile.aspx?file=29.03.01.04.htm
    "I. If the individual is not prohibited by federal or State law from purchasing or possessing a regulated firearm, the notarized application shall be sufficient for a designation as a collector. "

Doesnt this mean that having a notarized copy of your app is good enough to pick up within 30 days?

Dave T

I know your out and about but wanted to share with you a statue from MD found here http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/getfile.aspx?file=29.03.01.04.htm
    "I. If the individual is not prohibited by federal or State law from purchasing or possessing a regulated firearm, the notarized application shall be sufficient for a designation as a collector. "

Doesnt this mean that having a notarized copy of your app is good enough to pick up within 30 days?
    I doubt it. Read down further:

M. An individual must be designated as a collector by the Secretary before applying to purchase multiple regulated firearms as a collector.

They'd probably use that clause to nix the 30 day pickup. But it is an interesting thought.

jkeiler

Mar 25, 2013
    Bowie
    I think they lost/misplaced a number of applications around the April 9/10 timeframe. Mine was also lost. I emailed Trooper Thompson a couple of times about it and she allowed me to fax a new application and I included a certification that I indeed had done the app originally on 4/10 (and I also mailed a hard-copy with USPS delivery confirmation.) It took another week but I got the DC status. I'm honestly not sure whether that did the trick or they just found the original app.

How long do you have to wait before we can start emailing for status? Law sais they are supposed to be done in 14 days (not that the LAW matters) and mine has been over a month. I'm getting more frustrated by the day. If my F'ing taxes were 2-3 weeks late you can bet your ass I'd be hearing about it but they seem to be able to do as they please.:mad54:

scott60158

Mar 10, 2013
    Harford
    How long do you have to wait before we can start emailing for status? Law sais they are supposed to be done in 14 days (not that the LAW matters) and mine has been over a month. I'm getting more frustrated by the day. If my F'ing taxes were 2-3 weeks late you can bet your ass I'd be hearing about it but they seem to be able to do as they please.:mad54:

6-7 weeks. Any earlier is wasting time.

pakman916

Apr 23, 2011
    MoCo, MD
    For everyone waiting for your letter or status, I would suggest waiting at least 60 days before panicking. I emailed TFC Thompson just shy of 6 weeks and got the canned response. She said she had not came across my app. Then the following week, I got the letter. My thoughts, she didn't even look for it. It was probably approved when I emailed and then the letter was printed shortly afterwards and mailed not to far after that. Also, generally speaking, most people have received their letters in under 60 days. If you are over 60 days, I think you have every reason to be concerned. Just my 2 cents.

Americus

Feb 9, 2013
    For everyone waiting for your letter or status, I would suggest waiting at least 60 days before panicking. I emailed TFC Thompson just shy of 6 weeks and got the canned response. She said she had not came across my app. Then the following week, I got the letter. My thoughts, she didn't even look for it. It was probably approved when I emailed and then the letter was printed shortly afterwards and mailed not to far after that. Also, generally speaking, most people have received their letters in under 60 days. If you are over 60 days, I think you have every reason to be concerned. Just my 2 cents.

still waiting on a 4/21

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom