• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Bohman, thanks for sharing that. I'm sure that many of us wonder if we're really having any impact, so it's really great to hear you say what you did. One more vote for liberty when the time comes.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    What you are missing, is people like me.

Not that long ago, I was completely clueless about the workings of the MD legislature, and politics in general. No knowledge of the constant attacks on 2A rights. I still don't even own a gun; thanks to sequestration I can't afford to spend the money at this time. I only joined this forum because I developed a passing interest in buying a pistol for target shooting, and I wanted to find out where there is a range I could shoot at.

Since then, you folks and your efforts have enlightened me about how badly we are being taken advantage of. You now have me on your side, and I'm spreading the word and trying to bring other people over with me.

No, this battle isn't going the way it should, but don't give up.

Welcome to the fight.
    Year round fight.

If we still draw breath, we fight.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    A final warning on defeatism.

This forum is not here for people to show up and tell others they might as well quit. There will be plenty of time for everybody including me to cry in their beer after this thing passes, if it does.

I see no constructive reason for expressing defeatism here right now (except if one is trolling for the other side, and I am especially looking at low post count members very carefully for that). If one just can't help oneself from posting how they think it's already over, I will be glad to help out and cut off their access to the forum until the session is over. That is all. Thank you.
    I said earlier today in this thread that this bill was going to pass. Everyone gave me a hard time about being negative, and claimed that negativity was killing some kind of momentum. I knew a couple of months ago that we weren't going to be able to kill it.

So now we fight it in the courts or maybe we can get an injunction. The fight is not over - never said it was - I just said that this bill was going to pass today, which it did.

SomeGuy

Jan 19, 2013
    Severna Park
    Nothing that's happened so far has been coincidence. Everything has been carefully planned and strategized, including shooting down amendments that would actually have a positive effect by targeting criminals.

I'm absolutely certain that had we not put so much pressure on them since the beginning of this effort, this bill would have been signed into law over a month back. So for that I thank every one of you!

^^^ This, everything is something, even if AGC emails were filtered ( i do not know ) it was still a help to moral to watch the counter go up.

Every face, that they had to look at - every sticker they had to read - is worth something.

The pride in knowing you took part in this - everyone should feel that we did good.

The State did not get into this shape on one Senate Bill. It took time to get things this bad, it will take time to fix.

The only thing that is not useful is to start fighting with each other.

We are here as a community - tensions are very high - it has been a long fight, and we kept them from doing what they wanted to do, when they wanted to do it. You know it must hurt MoM that the NY Bill was signed so long before anything from him

It must kill him, frosh and others that the MSP have said and continue to say good things about how we act and hold ourselves.

We aren't the bad guys, direct your frustration to hinder them in every way that does not show poorly on us.

On to the bad guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom