• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    It is readout of committee only today for the 3:00 session. They cannot do readout and 2nd reading/debate/amendments in the same session. There is virtually zero chance of a second session today.

I am reporting what the MGA site says.

Here is the notice ("Report of the Judiciary Committee"), says "Distribution Date: April 1, 2013...Second Reading Date: April 1, 2013"

Perhaps you have more up to date information than the Official MGA site, or second reading notice is incorrect there...

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/f...urrent-house-agenda&stab=04&tab=subject2#b103

Listed under "Judiciary Committee Report No. 13-015"

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Here is the notice (under Judiciary Committee Report), says "Distribution Date: April 1, 2013...Second Reading Date: April 1, 2013"

Perhaps you have more up to date information than the Official MGA site, or second reading notice is incorrect there...

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/f...urrent-house-agenda&stab=04&tab=subject2#b103

Read what I posted earlier in the thread from Delegate Mike and Andi, yes, the readout is today, but it will be special ordered so that folks can read the "new" bill and get amendments together.

As it stands right now, Webster (Vallarios Chief of Staff) is still getting all of the amendments together to go to the bill room to have the bill printed and provided by 3:00 PM for the session. If the bill doesn't get printed and provided, then it will not get read out of committee (highly nlikely that the bill room won't get it out).

flyingblind

Oct 3, 2012

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Of course. And now it is clear as mud. The MGA site is the official announcement site, correct?

It is, but that is the standard announcement for all bills read out of committee. The special order won't be on the schedule, it will be a motion from the floor. Hence the updates we are throwing up from here in Annapolis from the staff we are working with.

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    I can come down Tuesday after I take care of some important business. Wednesday looks good for me. Thursday and Fri I have class in the evening so I may be able to get down there early but no promises.

StickerLT

Jul 26, 2012
    Frederick County
    Read what I posted earlier in the thread from Delegate Mike and Andi, yes, the readout is today, but it will be special ordered so that folks can read the "new" bill and get amendments together.

As it stands right now, Webster (Vallarios Chief of Staff) is still getting all of the amendments together to go to the bill room to have the bill printed and provided by 3:00 PM for the session. If the bill doesn't get printed and provided, then it will not get read out of committee (highly nlikely that the bill room won't get it out).

Can someone take Webster out and get him him drunk..or otherwise indisposed..before he gets it printed? j/k of course...

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    OK, I don't know about most folks here, but I was raised American. Dunno, maybe too many hotdogs, baseballs games, Fourth of July picnics at the American Legion... But I definitely "drank the koolaid" as a believer of the Constiution. So this may sound odd, but I think I know how the disciples felt on Maundy Thursday tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom