Shooting while moving, advanced instruction...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Are there any ranges that allow shooting while moving drills at several targets? More advanced shooting? Maybe pay for the whole range for an hourly rate? With their own RSO's? Anything? I have been getting a lot of requests from friends and associates to teach them basic and advanced techniques in an informal atmosphere and just trying to put my feelers out there. I'd like to run 5-10 people at a time. Basic or little better than basic shooters.
    Looking for thoughts and info at this point. Thanks!

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Are there any ranges that allow shooting while moving drills at several targets? More advanced shooting? Maybe pay for the whole range for an hourly rate? With their own RSO's? Anything? I have been getting a lot of requests from friends and associates to teach them basic and advanced techniques in an informal atmosphere and just trying to put my feelers out there. I'd like to run 5-10 people at a time. Basic or little better than basic shooters.

Call Zeke at Delmarva Sporting Clays and see what he can do for you. 410-742-2023.

It's not exactly around the corner, but things are fairly informal provided you're safe and you clean up after yourself.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Hopefully I will have things in place by the time I go to weekends off in the end of May. It'll be fun and a good time I am sure.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO

If you are OK with a short drive, and possibly weekday range time, then you could try PeaceMaker training center in WVa:
    Peacemaker National Training Center (https:/peacemakernational.com)

It took me about 1.5 hours to get there from Rockville on I-70 to I-81. There were several 3-gun style short range bays there, and the place was pretty dead on the Saturday I took a class there. It seems to be a couple thousand acres setup in the WVa hills, so it is low-key, and they may be open to a LE-led training group. Staff seemed pretty down to earth (from what I could see). I see the website now mentions "monthly memberships," though, so my info may be stale.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    If you are OK with a short drive, and possibly weekday range time, then you could try PeaceMaker training center in WVa:
    Peacemaker National Training Center (https:/peacemakernational.com)

It took me about 1.5 hours to get there from Rockville on I-70 to I-81. There were several 3-gun style short range bays there, and the place was pretty dead on the Saturday I took a class there. It seems to be a couple thousand acres setup in the WVa hills, so it is low-key, and they may be open to a LE-led training group. Staff seemed pretty down to earth (from what I could see). I see the website now mentions "monthly memberships," though, so my info may be stale.

My good friend just became Senior Handgun Instructor there. Alas, he has a range closer in Winchester which I could use no problem. Just looking for something a little closer for others. Thanks for the reminder!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom