• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Sacrilege I say. Sacrilege!!!!

A .223/5.56 or 300 BLK build isn't going to get me out to the range when it's below freezing this winter. :D Something different that I don't already have an AR in is more likely to make me leave the house. My luck the Grendel build I've already decided to do will be completed a day when we're going to get like 2 feet of snow.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    A .223/5.56 or 300 BLK build isn't going to get me out to the range when it's below freezing this winter. :D Something different that I don't already have an AR in is more likely to make me leave the house. My luck the Grendel build I've already decided to do will be completed a day when we're going to get like 2 feet of snow.

So try to do a 762x39, 450 Bushmaster, 458 SOCOM, 50 Beowulf, etc...

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    So try to do a 762x39, 450 Bushmaster, 458 SOCOM, 50 Beowulf, etc...

458 SOCOM and 50 Beowulf are on my to build list, just wanted to take advantage of the BCG on sale if there were any other calibers that could use it with the included 5.56 bolt. It’s not quite cheap enough for me to justify buying it and a different bolt. :thumbsup:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    458 SOCOM and 50 Beowulf are on my to build list, just wanted to take advantage of the BCG on sale if there were any other calibers that could use it with the included 5.56 bolt. It’s not quite cheap enough for me to justify buying it and a different bolt. :thumbsup:

It's always a good idea to have a few extra bolts on hand, even if you use the carrier for a different bolt.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Yup! Between that, the $80 LaRue triggers, and some other stuff, I might actually have to start some projects here...

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom