• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    Depending on your route, King and Queens restaurant in Stoystown PA on Rt 30 is very good http://www.kingsandqueensrestaurant.com/ .
    Jean Bonnet west of Bedford at the intersection of Rt 30 & 31 is another place I like to stop. https://www.jeanbonnettavern.com/
    In Somerset Pine Grill is my favorite. Almost directly accross from the turnpike entrance. http://pinegrill.com/
    If you like diners try the Summit Diner across from The Pine Grill. https://fatboyssummitdiner.com/ (Looks like Summit diner may have changed hands and is under going a remodel and has limited hours according to the website)
    Have a safe and fun trip.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    Looks like I *should* be able to make it, especially if it's just a day trip. Mrs. Drakhen will not be available.

Can't wait until my son is old enough to ride with me, then it's a no-brainer, "Honey, the boy and I are going on a ride, leaving Saturday morning, coming back whenever!" :D

-John

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Okay, I have finally had some time to devote to doing some planning. Looks like it will be an overnite trip for those that wish. If you just want to spend the day it's an easy trip back on the slab and should be home before dark if that matters.

I currently have six rooms with double beds booked at the Comfort Inn in Somerset. Couldn't book more in just one name. I have four of those rooms already spoken for by the following:

1. Stoveman & Mrs. Stove
    2. Welder516 & Mrs. Welder and son
    3. Andy and Linda and son Drew
    4. Drahken 99
    5. DaveMP
    6. AppleHD

If you would like one of the available rooms let me know here and I will edit this post.

I was thinking of an 8am meet up in HoCo and then hook up with Raineman's group in Carroll along the way, maybe a park and ride along 70? I would like to take mostly back routes and then possibly meet up with the Hooligans in Cumberland for lunch and then a nice ride up to the memorial.

I'll post up a Google map of what routes I was thinking about shortly.

Last edited:

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    I'll talk to Mrs. Drakhen tonight and hopefully confirm my availability tomorrow. I know she's going to an event where she can't take our toddler, so I gotta find a backup so I can play! (Hello, Grandma???)

-John

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Okay, I have finally had some time to devote to doing some planning. Looks like it will be an overnite trip for those that wish. If you just want to spend the day it's an easy trip back on the slab and should be home before dark if that matters.

I currently have six rooms with double beds booked at the Comfort Inn in Somerset. Couldn't book more in just one name. I have four of those rooms already spoken for by the following:

1. Stoveman
    2. Welder516
    3. Friend 1 and wife
    4. Friend 2 and possible wife
    5. Open
    6. Open

If you would like one of the available rooms let me know here and I will edit this post.

I was thinking of an 8am meet up in HoCo and then hook up with Raineman's group in Carroll along the way, maybe a park and ride along 70? I would like to take mostly back routes and then possibly meet up with the Hooligans in Cumberland for lunch and then a nice ride up to the memorial.

I'll post up a Google map of what routes I was thinking about shortly.

Stoveman ,

Sounds great we are in for the weekend trip , we are looking forward to it . Always nice to get out with friends and make new friends .:cool:

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    What's the cost for the hotel room?

I'm 80% sure I'm in, like I said, gotta get SWMBO's permission and make sure Grandma can watch the little one.

-John

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    What's the cost for the hotel room?

I'm 80% sure I'm in, like I said, gotta get SWMBO's permission and make sure Grandma can watch the little one.

-John

$133 or $120 if you have AAA. Prices are a little high that weekend for obvious reasons.

There are other places right in Somerset as well.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    We're in for the ride. We'll be staying at our friends near Cumberland after we visit the Memorial with you all.

Not a problem.

Three rooms available, I'm going to put a deadline of Monday evening for anyone to claim them and then I will cancel those reservations.

Worked up the ride back today, it's only about a half hour or so from Somerset to Johnstown, PA so we will head up there and check out the Johnstown Flood Memorial and then work our way back through the PA countryside, coming back into MD just west of Sabillasville.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    Alright, so I got Grandma to watch DraKhen Jr, SWMBO gave her seal of approval, so I'm in! Let's hope the weather is nice :D

Also, I have a work friend who is interested - do the rooms have 1 bed or 2? (I ain't sharin' a bed with this feller)

Since I'm in, I will bring my Garmin and can be of assistance in navigation.

Thanks,

-John

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Alright, so I got Grandma to watch DraKhen Jr, SWMBO gave her seal of approval, so I'm in! Let's hope the weather is nice :D

Also, I have a work friend who is interested - do the rooms have 1 bed or 2? (I ain't sharin' a bed with this feller)

Thanks,

-John

All of the rooms are two double beds.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Thanks,

-John

Definitely in for the ride.

Awesome sauce, post 27 updated, one reserved room left.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Some details:

Meet up at 8am ish at the Green Valley Supermarket shopping center on Rt 1 and Montgomery Road in Elkridge.

We will meet up with Raineman & CC crew at the Park & Ride on Rt 97 at Old Liberty Rd at approx 8:45 - 9am.

Taking 26 to Libertytown and then 77 to Thurmont and over the mountain to Smithsburg, getting on 70 around Hagerstown and then to Cumberland.

We will break for a lunch of hateful chicken and waffle fries of intolerance in Cumberland at the CFA 221 Williams Street. Dave MP and hopefully the Hooligans will meet us there and proceed through the countryside up to the Flight 93 Memorial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom