• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joshluseal

Sep 5, 2013
    Behind cover
    Does anyone know where I can find some reputable civilian friendly carbine/pistol training. I have emailed two companies now that have been mentioned on this forum with no response. I know...people will say "why don't you call them?" My response..."Why do they put an email address to contact on their website if they are not going to respond or are too busy to respond? I know this may sound a bit crabby, but my question is serious. I really don't have the money or time to fly or drive hundreds of miles to take a Costa Ludas or Vickers class. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :banghead:

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    CCJA is reputable, but yes, I had to call them. In fact, I had to call every training outfit to get a response, none responded to their emails. I agree that if they have an email address, they should answer it, but for whatever reason, they don't seem to.

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    I don't know who you guys called, but I can tell you that I check email about our pistol classes on a daily basis. I don't think anyone emailed me that didn't get a response in a reasonable time.

mtnwisdom

Sep 9, 2012
    Sparrows Point
    TeamHouse Training is offering the NRA Basic & Advanced Personal Protection Outside The Home course on Saturday & Sunday September 27-28, 2014.

The class is scheduled 0900 - 1800 (6:00pm) on both days.

Class Location:
    Classroom-IOTA Training Center, 11410 Marriottsville Road, Marriottsville, MD
    Range-AGC Range Facility, 11518 Marriottsville Road, Marriottsville, MD

Cost: $300.00 for both days

Includes: Lunch, refreshments, snacks, students texts, handouts, Sabre OC products

Options: The Maryland Wear & Carry Permit training can be included as an adjunct component-Initial or Renewal, please contact us by email via our website contact page, https://teamhousetraining.com/Contact_Us_.html or by a PM.

Onsite LiveScan services are available for those Maryland Wear & Carry permit participants

Additional information: See our course webpage, https://teamhousetraining.com/Outside_The_Home.html

To Register: https://teamhousetraining.com/Regisration_Page.html

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    What sort of training are you looking for? I have taken it upon myself to write after action reports on 6 classes I have taken this year, and I took some classes last year as well. Feel free to PM me.

One note: it has been my experience, like you, that a lot of trainers aren't super responsive to emails. Usually, I chalk it up to them not being super tech savvy AND being very busy.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    I have taken CMCT's Carbine l & ll courses-Top Notch. I have owned an AR for many years and thought I knew how to operate the weapon. I found out very quickly that I knew very little. Center Mass Combat Tactics Instructors took this old man and taught me everything I needed to know how to run my weapon and well. From history, parts, ammo and live fire these classes are great. They are one of the IPs here on the forum and they have a new web site up plus a Facebook page. Check them out. Chris

Their Combat Handgun classes are nuts. I will be taking their Advanced class in a couple of weeks. You will do things with a handgun you never thought you do by the end of the day.

Last edited:

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Not far past Bel Air off Rt 1 in Street, MD.

I second everything Chris said above. CMCT is top notch and I love taking their classes.

slybarman

Feb 10, 2013
    Their classes sound good but darn that is another haul from Annapolis.

slybarman

Feb 10, 2013
    Trust me when I tell you that these classes are well worth the drive and this is probably the best advanced training in Maryland with no exceptions.
    Thanks. I'll probably give it a try at some point. The drive is about the same as getting to CCJA. Time is just awful tight these days between work, house, kids activities, etc. A full day of training plus three hours of driving is a lot right now. I do it when I can, but every bit closer helps.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Thanks. I'll probably give it a try at some point. The drive is about the same as getting to CCJA. Time is just awful tight these days between work, house, kids activities, etc. A full day of training plus three hours of driving is a lot right now. I do it when I can, but every bit closer helps.

Yeah, I can definitely understand how much life seems to get in the way of us doing what we love to do. I hope you get a chance to train with those guys though, they even have moving targets to shoot at. I've done the CCJA thing as well and that is good training also, they are both very different and if you can get the time I would encourage you to get to both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom