• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sam Salvati

blacksmith
    Apr 22, 2013
    Finksburg
    Anyone have any experience with one? Handled one? In stock in MD somewhere? Classicarms has them for a great price (unless they are crap).

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    My buddy has one. He loves it. Close in accuracy to his Vepr. Hates the polymer stock though. He said it was too high and hard, was a jawbreaker. He put a Romanian stock on his. He said the gun is very well made and worth the money. He was trying to mod M14 mags to fit, but had issues, so for now just the 10rd mags and waiting for ProMag or Csspec to make mags.

I have a Saiga in .308, basically the same animal. It's fun to shoot but you should reload, even military 7.62X51mm is pricey nowadays. You could look into the Saiga .308 mags. They make them up to 20 rounds in plastic and steel. The plastic mags can be altered to hold more, I've been told.

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    They are great rifles; we should have more in soon. There are original M77 20rd mags available- Long Mountain Outfitters has them for $65 ea.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    FWIW, my buddy has a Vepr .308 & M77 and has been able to slightly modify the Csspec Vepr mags to be used in the M77. He is supposed to send me pics. I will post them when I get them.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Here are his 2 test subjects. 2 rifles, one mag. Waiting on more pics.

Attachments

• 20141006_190506.jpg
      20141006_190506.jpg
      69.1 KB · Views: 957

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    I'll have to keep tabs on when Duffy's gets some more in.

Or you can order directly from Classicarms to your FFL. I know Bollninger Gunsmith will do transfer for you- they did it for me two weeks ago. Tyler is another place.

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    He was trying to mod M14 mags to fit, but had issues, so for now just the 10rd mags and waiting for ProMag or Csspec to make mags

BTW, looked like your Buddy was using the Taiwanese M14 mag to do the conversion. He needs to cut the front slot a bit lower than instruction shown on the Youtube, then grind the rear part out by about half the depth- otherwise it wont' clear the receiver, the last part was to make a slot for mag catch. I did mine- the 1st one was for experiment and the bullet didn't even clear bullet guide , the 2nd one was good to go so far but haven't been to the range yet.

Last edited:

WRATHCHILD

Dec 24, 2014
    I have modded the Vepr Csspecs mags to work in the M77. The nice thing is they still work in the V308 too. Having interchangable mags is a plus.I will be posting pics when I figure out how to do so.

Last edited:

WRATHCHILD

Dec 24, 2014
    BTW, looked like your Buddy was using the Taiwanese M14 mag to do the conversion. He needs to cut the front slot a bit lower than instruction shown on the Youtube, then grind the rear part out by about half the depth- otherwise it wont' clear the receiver, the last part was to make a slot for mag catch. I did mine- the 1st one was for experiment and the bullet didn't even clear bullet guide , the 2nd one was good to go so far but haven't been to the range yet.

I did use the Taiwanese mags. The biggest problem is the bolt drives the follower down inside the mag body. So much for the BHO feature. Lol

WRATHCHILD

Dec 24, 2014
    My father got one over the summer from Duffys. Love it, m77 with the butthole stock, adjustable gas system, standard thread protector can easily removed for a break or silencer.The only drawback is magazines and that's not a big deal.

Csspecs is working on getting magazines for the M77 to the market soon.

WRATHCHILD

Dec 24, 2014
    Anyone have any experience with one? Handled one? In stock in MD somewhere? Classicarms has them for a great price (unless they are crap).

Excellent rifles for the money. Very well built and function flawlessly so far on the 2 setting. The stock is garbage and has to go. I modded an old Romy G heavy plywood stock. It gives a better cheek weld and adds weight and balance to the rifle. Hopefully there will be more options on the market for the angle cut receiver it has. To remove stock you have to go fishing for the screws in the recoil pad. After you screw it off you can get to the bolt that attaches it to the rear of the receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom