• No

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Urbana has a new park right off 270.
    Its somewhat neutral where both yuppies, hippies, wanna be frednecks, and real red necks may gather. Its just north of MoCo, and close enough to being in somewhat open country.

If we do an event in Bethesda, I personally know the part owner of Hardtimes Cafe that happens to be conservative, loves Veterans, and is a damn hardworking, original Bethesdian, def not a yuppie. They have a metered parking garage directly across the street, group dining area at the front of the entrance. They have the best fried then grilled wings, burgers, and good choice of chili!

Or this may have to be split event

Frederick separate from the rest of the Cap region.

I was thinking about a FredCo meetup sometime in the near future. Hard Times on 40 hosted us the last time and we had a great time. No issues with staff or other patrons, even though some of the attendees were wearing progun clothing (psycosteve). We had the meeting/party area in the back and it was a good event all around.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I'm on statins. Cholesterol is about 80.

Greg and I have had similar medical issues. I knew him a little by eating at HT. I got to know him better because we were at Adventist rehab about a month or two apart.

great guy. Lots of guts.

RileysDad

Dec 10, 2013
    Bethesda
    big fan of hard times... we (people from my work) go there almost every week... mostly on Wednesday for the wings

Was there Wed night.

Does Erin still work there? Blonde chick, early 20's, real cutie. We used to meet up there every Wed night for bike night. Cool place.

Back to the question, I'll place another vote for Bethesda for whatever it's worth. I wouldn't mind coming out and meeting some fellow forum dwellers.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Lots of suggestions here, I need to figure out if this is something I want to take on.

Would Glen Echo work for anyone? Keep the suggestions coming for places.

Sounds like the OP might be getting cold feet.

OP, do you mind if I create another thread for a FredCo member meetup in FredCo?

Heck yes, go ahead. Anyone can announce a meetup, just post a date, time, and location. Ask people to post in the thread or PM you if they plan to attend so you can give the resturaunt a heads up. Plan ahead on how you will have people pay, generally best to ask the staff for separate checks. Try to pick a pro-2A venue.

We have enough interest I'd say its time for someone/anyone to take lead and pick date/time/location. All sound good to me- Glen Echo, Hard Times, or Irish Inn.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Wait, you proposed this and now you're backing out?

WTF.

I am not backing out of anything. I guess the better way to put it would have been, "I need to figure out how to take this on." I need to figure out logistics, and being in the first 3 months working as an attorney (in Towson) means I have some things I need to juggle.

I was thinking the Irish Inn, or possibly in the park itself. I have never been to Hard Times, does anyone know someone there I could talk to?

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Now the question is, what day of the week/time do most people think? After work happy hour, or weekend dinner?

Nate, check out threads about other successful meetups; they generally start with someone gauging interest (what you've done here), then the OP starts a new thread (link to it from this one); in the Events thread. Include all the details (you decide).

I've found that very local meetups are best after work on a week day, say starting at 4pm. Larger meetups are more popular on weekends, Saturday afternoon is usually best. Looks like you currently have over 50 folks interested, you'll likely get half that number. Still 20-30 members is a good turnout. Best for you to go with a place you like and know well, rather than someone else's recommendation.

Good luck and thanks for setting this up. Feel free to give me a call (or just email) if you want to talk about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom