• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    The word on the street is that Moms Demand Action folks negatively affected their lobbying influence through general rudeness to members of the legislature and their staffs, even among legislators who are otherwise inclined toward gun control. That confirms once again that being a jerk rarely gets you what you want. It confirms as well how essential it is that folks maintain civility if you want to have any chance of changing a mind. It may not work, but maybe next time it might. And even if it never works, a Member who bears resentment because he/she was insulted by rudeness or disrespect will work twice as hard to do in someone who was rude. Thought for the day.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    So they should keep tweeting like this ...
    00b8d743f6269686366f41950006065d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

slowpoke

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Annapolis
    Good. They got arrogant and overplayed their hand. Expect they will be more savvy next session.

I know we're all supposed to be God's creatures, but MDA'ers are ugly inside and out.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    What do you want to bet they refer to male legislature members that didn't kowtow to them as Toxic White Supremacists?

Are you sure the photos in those tweets aren't #MomsDemandDonuts

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Good. They got arrogant and overplayed their hand. Expect they will be more savvy next session.

I know we're all supposed to be God's creatures, but MDA'ers are ugly inside and out.

As a rule, I treat individuals as individuals. I have had some pleasant conversations with some individual MOMs who have actually come up to me to say that I had made some points in testimony that they had never considered. Guess I wasn't breathing fire that day (or maybe it was my dashing gray hair). Not a single MOM has been unpleasant to me personally. I respond accordingly. Personally, I see them as uninformed rather than as blood enemies. Easier on my blood pressure.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    What do you want to bet they refer to male legislature members that didn't kowtow to them as Toxic White Supremacists?

Are you sure the photos in those tweets aren't #MomsDemandDonuts

Old saying: "When your foe is bent on self destruction, get out of the way"

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Counsel , you have been given a gift of being calm under fire . For many of us here (me as well) we don't share that gift , I may have other gifts I like doing the fancy end zone dance and like spiking the ball . I have talked to a few of those Moms and they give me a headache in five minutes .

They want to protect life (just one life) then don't want to talk about dead babies or a drug problem that is taking multiple lives (more then guns)

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I’ve found two types when I run into them. Those with passions fired by incomplete or completely inaccurate information as the foundation of their entire perspective (on gun control), and those who are simply so rabidly tribal on their politics and hatred of all things not Hillary-esque that they’ll latch on to any group or activity that they perceive as hurtful to people generally like us.

Nothing to be done with or for that second group. The first group can be slowly cracked open with pleasantly delivered facts in a one-on-one conversation out of sight from the second group. I think the first type is actually afraid of the second type, at the very least in terms of the dire threat of social ostracization.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Counsel , you have been given a gift of being calm under fire . For many of us here (me as well) we don't share that gift , I may have other gifts I like doing the fancy end zone dance and like spiking the ball . I have talked to a few of those Moms and they give me a headache in five minutes .

They want to protect life (just one life) then don't want to talk about dead babies or a drug problem that is taking multiple lives (more then guns)

And I say "me too" including the lives of between 500,000 and 2.5 million persons per year who successfully employ a firearm in self defense. Here's the cite. Sorta leaves them speechless. Ask a mother of a small child if she would protect her child with her life. And then respond, "how much more effective it is for the lioness to have claws" Like the mom who defended her children from a closet in Georgia from an intruder who sought them out in the house.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    All the Mom's blocked me on Twitter when I try to use facts & logic, guess they don't like that. Or it's PMS.....

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I’ve found two types when I run into them. Those with passions fired by incomplete or completely inaccurate information as the foundation of their entire perspective (on gun control), and those who are simply so rabidly tribal on their politics and hatred of all things not Hillary-esque that they’ll latch on to any group or activity that they perceive as hurtful to people generally like us.

Nothing to be done with or for that second group. The first group can be slowly cracked open with pleasantly delivered facts in a one-on-one conversation out of sight from the second group. I think the first type is actually afraid of the second type, at the very least in terms of the dire threat of social ostracization.

The Left likes nothing better than to eat its own. A rather entertaining show, actually, from the spectator seats.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    One other huge problem for me is the lying that takes place , I call it lying because it is done on purpose . We see it on the news every night , if they talk facts or listen to facts it would be enjoyable to exchange with them .

Just like the one Delegate lying about the HPRB , where did that lie come from .

Their facts never hold water .

I will go all to Muskets if they get rid of their cell phones and computers , they just don't get 2A or pretend not to understand the Constitution as a whole . They believe it is like a cafeteria where they pick and choose . It is all or nothing or just all & all .

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I suspect Atterbeary turns off her colleagues with her santimony and condescension - which always isn't overt but reflected in the assuredness of her position and the lack of consideration of others. If she's capable of introspection, she has to realize that she's responsible for their inability to get the background check on private long gun sales. She and her Senate colleague overreached with the LQL proposal making it easier to attack the legislation. And then, the House delegation couldn't chalk up a victory last night with a bill that would have still given them background checks on private sales. They could have taken that and gone for more next year. Instead, Atterbeary had to invoke Busch's name to try to shame colleagues to go with her changes.

I do wonder if the gun control lobbying organizations will pick other Delegates to work with. I suspect Moon would be more dangerous/effective, but don't know if he directly contributed to their loss last night or was channeling Atterbeary's position.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    With few exceptions, our side is much more polite than “theirs”.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom