• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    They didn't shove squat down our throats, we made them cheat and threaten their own party members to get that bill passed. Had we NOT been effective, Busch, Miller, and O'Malley would NOT have threatened ALL of the Democrats on the joint committee to pass the bill. And Miller would not have sat directly behind the chair of the joint committee in the House and O'Malley would NOT have stayed in the back room of Judiciary to ensure his bill was passed with the appropriate amendments he authorized.

No, they did NOT shove anything down our throat, and anyone that thinks so, still doesn't pay attention.

Surely you must be mistaken about Busch. Everyone is now saying what a great statesman he was, how he reached across the aisle, and had the best interest of all Marylanders in mind. He was a great teacher and coach. Perhaps I read the Minority Leader's words incorrectly?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    They will have a statue of him soon in Lawyers Mall , he will also get sainthood above Mother Teresa . They won't talk about the MIKE & MIKE show where the twins berated , cussed and dealt with people in their way . But may he rest in peace .

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    They will have a statue of him soon in Lawyers Mall , he will also get sainthood above Mother Teresa . They won't talk about the MIKE & MIKE show where the twins berated , cussed and dealt with people in their way . But may he rest in peace .

Same kind of crap that resulted in St. John McCain.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    We have been asking the MSP Gun Center to do this for the past several years, and they have always come back with "it's too hard and too time consuming." I really don't care who got the bill passed, now they have to do the work. The question now becomes, how detailed and effective will they be, or will they continue to drag their feet?

I predict they will copy Mopar's move to the MGA. Since when did they start caring about anything but generating revenue?

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    I predict they will copy Mopar's move to the MGA. Since when did they start caring about anything but generating revenue?

Maybe the MGA could pass a law that would charge convicted criminals a $20,00 user fee for each count the criminal is convicted of. The fees generated in PG and BC/city during the first year should be enough to keep the program going for several years...:lol:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    As far as one Senator who is all but invisible: Sen. Doug Peters. I lobbied him in the Marble Mausoleum one night to include me in his meetings. I predict that will be as successful as my request to oppose SB1000, He likes to play "divide and conquer" by very quietly meeting with the likes of HOAs to compartment his story and keep groups from comparing notes.

Proof? Here's the Events page from his web site:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-04-12 Events - Senator Douglas J J Peters.jpg
      Screenshot_2019-04-12 Events - Senator Douglas J J Peters.jpg
      37.3 KB · Views: 349

jrh0341

Jul 20, 2017
    I think we need to push the irony that a private police force (with guns) was implemented in a very strict gun control state. And considering you are more likely to be shot by a police officer vs a concealed carrier. Should be our focus to continue to push shall issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is one key point to raise from that whole thing. Center on this key point:

Bloomberg pressed, pushed and demanded this. The most vocally anti gun guy you know pushed for this.

Then, he had his bannerman, Elijah Cummings parrot his exact same talking points on the issue.

NEVER FORGET those talking points:

1. Its in his opinion "ridiculous" for security to be unarmed in a city with the murder rate of Baltimore.

2. He talks to people (read, his fellow tax bracket members) who consider not sending their kids to JHU because of the crime.

A rich man resolving to force for the interests of rich people. Classist ****stick.

A common man LIVES in the city, and wants to provide for his own defense? Nope. Not on his watch.

But rich folks feel to scared to send their little darlings to his "elite" alma matter, because its within eyesight of "the hood" and all the sudden armed guards are the obvious answer.

Read this. Remember this. Read it to someone else. Make them remember it too.

That same rich man that would outlaw your arms, so that HE can feel more safe if he walks through YOUR neighborhood,

is the man that would PAY A LINE OF HIRED GUNS TO KEEP YOU OUT OF HIS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom