• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    There never was anything in the Constitution about speeding tickets, so that's a shitty example by default. Laws that contradict the Constitution are industrial-grade BS from the outset, and if you agree with them you're doing little more than telling the kommendant that his boot isn't on your neck firmly enough.

The law is the law. If you disagree, then try to change that law. You can use any law you want, you can make whatever excuse you want, but if you break the law as it's written, you should be found guilty.

Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City
    The law is the law. If you disagree, then try to change that law. You can use any law you want, you can make whatever excuse you want, but if you break the law as it's written, you should be found guilty.

If it weren't for people who were willing to break unjust laws as they were written, then we literally wouldn't have a country, and you'd be speaking with a British accent right now and singing "God Save The Queen" at cricket games.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    If it weren't for people who were willing to break unjust laws as they were written, then we literally wouldn't have a country, and you'd be speaking with a British accent right now and singing "God Save The Queen" at cricket games.

So, you have 30 round mags sent directly to your house? I guess you have plenty of AR15 rifles with 7.5" barrels? The 3 round burst trigger group that you own is fun to shoot too isn't it.

I hope I see your name listed as a plaintiff against these unjust laws. Because anyone who talks the talk like you do, surely will walk the walk.

Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City
    So, you have 30 round mags sent directly to your house? I guess you have plenty of AR15 rifles with 7.5" barrels? The 3 round burst trigger group that you own is fun to shoot too isn't it.

I hope I see your name listed as a plaintiff against these unjust laws. Because anyone who talks the talk like you do, surely will walk the walk.

That exact attitude is how and why this state became the only state south of the Mason-Dixon line with to be saddled with shit like "good and substantial" and the HQL. Patriot Picket has the right idea.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    That exact attitude is how and why this state became the only state south of the Mason-Dixon line with to be saddled with shit like "good and substantial" and the HQL. Patriot Picket has the right idea.

I'm glad you have a cause you can get behind. But my attitude is one that will keep me out of prison. But please let us know how your civil disobedience is going.

You can talk the talk, but I don't see where you can walk the walk.

Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City
    I'm glad you have a cause you can get behind. But my attitude is one that will keep me out of prison. But please let us know how your civil disobedience is going.

You can talk the talk, but I don't see where you can walk the walk.

Fwiw, if I had a spare $500 grand lying around, I'd throw it at MSI to get a G&S challenge into the circuit Court system. It just sucks that your two options are A: leave a perfectly good state that you (begrudgingly) love or B: keep telling the gestapo that their boot would be that much more fully on your neck if they just shifted their weight a little forwao and to the left. I'm an idealist at heart, and people looking to practice civil disobedience should have to fear for their lives and their livelihoods when doing so. Otherwise, we're just empowering tyranny, no matter how we actually feel about it.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The way I read it she violated the intent of the terms of her probation and they should have yanked her probation and locked her up for the DWI. Repeatedly trying to buy a shotgun when the probation says can not posses a firearm should get her a direct do not pass go trip to the pokey. Probably he being a judge and a lawyer had a lot to do with her getting probation in the first place so she already used up her get out of jail free card.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    The way I read it she violated the intent of the terms of her probation and they should have yanked her probation and locked her up for the DWI. Repeatedly trying to buy a shotgun when the probation says can not posses a firearm should get her a direct do not pass go trip to the pokey. Probably he being a judge and a lawyer had a lot to do with her getting probation in the first place so she already used up her get out of jail free card.

And therein is where the problem for me lies. If they feel she's free to roam the streets (with her SCRAM device), she should be free to defend herself how she so chooses - probation or not. They like to use probation as a suspension of rights to include natural rights.

Unfortunately, our society has gotten used to these concepts to the point where they've become cultural norms. These types of cultural norms are even defended by those who would otherwise defend those same natural rights in the first place. If you hear or see something often enough, it becomes true. That's how propaganda works. Our country has been under attack by this stuff for 130 years or so when progressive ideology entered.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    As a society, we feel bad to see people locked up for long periods of time, so we knowingly let out dangerous people. We curtail their rights so they won't be dangerous and are shocked when they again endanger society.

It's almost as if there's a lot of money in this cycle for someone...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    And therein is where the problem for me lies. If they feel she's free to roam the streets (with her SCRAM device), she should be free to defend herself how she so chooses - probation or not. They like to use probation as a suspension of rights to include natural rights.

Unfortunately, our society has gotten used to these concepts to the point where they've become cultural norms. These types of cultural norms are even defended by those who would otherwise defend those same natural rights in the first place. If you hear or see something often enough, it becomes true. That's how propaganda works. Our country has been under attack by this stuff for 130 years or so when progressive ideology entered.

I assume she agreed to the conditions of her probation so if they wern't acceptable she could have selected door number 2 the one with the bars. "If you can't do the time don't do the crime!" She is an adult and as a lawyer/judge should have been fully aware of consequences of her actions yet she exhibited free will and did them anyway. Personally I have no sympathy for her.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I assume she agreed to the conditions of her probation so if they wern't acceptable she could have selected door number 2 the one with the bars. "If you can't do the time don't do the crime!" She is an adult and as a lawyer/judge should have been fully aware of consequences of her actions yet she exhibited free will and did them anyway. Personally I have no sympathy for her.

You're almost there, but not quite.

probation: The action of suspending the sentence of a convicted offender and giving the offender freedom during good behavior under the supervision of a probation officer.

The state should not be able to place constraints upon someone's natural rights if they are to be free. So, either offer probation (freedom during good behavior), or hold the person to the terms of their sentence. That may very well be jail time for some crimes.

Probation is not defined as providing "limited freedoms" for good behavior. It's a suspension of sentence that offers freedom during good behavior. Freedom means you are free, and that includes your natural rights, like that to defend yourself.

As I said, our society has been conditioned to accept these encroachments on our freedoms for a very long time. She should be able to buy that shotgun, if she can find someone that would sell her one. Notice I didn't say "lawfully sell" her one. The notion of lawful sales is yet another one of those encroachments that we've been conditioned to accept over time.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I would consider any limits contained in a probation agreement are defining what is "good behavior" while on probation. if there were no limits, i.e. attending counseling, drug tests, no contact with victims, etc. there would be very few people on probation. Probation probably has a place in the corrections arsenal but release without any restrictions sounds more like a pardon. There are reasons we have leash laws for dogs.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Placing subtractions on one's natural rights into an agreement for "good behavior" is one of those things that we've been encouraged to accept as the norm over the last 100 years or so, depending on the state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom