• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j26sub

May 8, 2018
    I live in Frostburg. I have a co-worker that rents some land on the south branch in WV for camping. Anyone have land that my family could camp on in WV? It will be strictly tent camping with my wife and 2.5 year old daughter. Preferably near Western MD and have a river/stream for swimming/playing. Also car access since I have to bring the whole damn house for these trips! :-) I'm willing to pay and leave no trace when we leave. Thanks for any possible leads!!

planktonadbc

Jun 20, 2013
    Harpers Ferry
    I live in Frostburg. I have a co-worker that rents some land on the south branch in WV for camping. Anyone have land that my family could camp on in WV? It will be strictly tent camping with my wife and 2.5 year old daughter. Preferably near Western MD and have a river/stream for swimming/playing. Also car access since I have to bring the whole damn house for these trips! :-) I'm willing to pay and leave no trace when we leave. Thanks for any possible leads!!

Check out the Harpers Ferry KOA. My in laws have a camper and stay there. They have tent camping and facilities, cabins, free pancake breakfast and a pool. They're some great sights in hiking distances, Harpers Ferry, Shenandoah, Tow paths in MD, and section of the Appalachian Trail. Bring your bikes.

If you have a canoe (I have a 4 person one), I put it in near "gate 2"(mission road and Lower Clubhouse Rd) on the "calmer"area of the Shenandoah River.
    I live on the mountain in Shannondale, the Appalachian Trail is 400 to 500 yards up at the top of the mountain for me. My son troop camped at our house, but they had to use our house bathroom.

Attachments

• 20170805_182735.jpg
      20170805_182735.jpg
      160.2 KB · Views: 292
    Last edited:
    Jun 19, 2013
    Nottingham
    My family has some land and a cabin where we go to shoot near Mathias in Hardy County but it's not suitable for camping. Also would need 4x4 to get up there! I just returned from an overnight trip yesterday and on the way back stopped at Trout Pond Recreation Area near Lost River/Wardensville for a swim in the lake there. Looks like a really nice place to camp. The kids loved the swimming area - clear water with sandy bottom and plenty of fish, snails and newts to try and catch!

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/...oundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=70429

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom