• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Yepper... You know the ones I am talking about...

You bought/aquired it and brought it home... It has been in your safe and you look at it on occasion but have never and may never actually fire a round through it.

Two in the collection are...

1) 1921 Colt Vest Pocket Special .25auto... Bought from the daughter of the original purchaser many years ago, after her father passed away. I don't know if I will ever fire it.

2) 1943 S&W Victory Revolver .38spl... Given to me by the wife of the OSS Agent who carried it during WWII. It is in great condition and is stored safely as it should be.

The rest are in a case at the bottom of the Bay with the canoe and paddles. :innocent0

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    My cowboy guns are currently collecting dust until I get them tuned up. I don't have easy access to an outdoor range and all of their cartridges are loaded with black powder.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

You bought/aquired it and brought it home... It has been in your safe and you look at it on occasion but have never and may never actually fire a round through it.

1) 1921 Colt Vest Pocket Special .25auto... Bought from the daughter of the original purchaser many years ago, after her father passed away. I don't know if I will ever fire it.

2) 1943 S&W Victory Revolver .38spl... Given to me by the wife of the OSS Agent who carried it during WWII. It is in great condition and is stored safely as it should be.

The rest are in a case at the bottom of the Bay with the canoe and paddles. :innocent0

That's interesting. Last weekend a fellow member of BRGC was shooting a tiny Colt Vest pistol. He let me shoot a mag through it.

Now that I'm thinking, I believe there is another one that is about that size. I miscalled it, and he said the one I mentioned was slightly larger. Either way, it was a beautiful tiny little gun. I'm thankful for the experience.

He said his wife asked for a tiny gun, like a garter belt gun or something, and he initially bought it to explore that purpose. But it's woefully underpowered and not good as a defensive pistol, albeit amazingly tiny. Plus he loves it as a collectable, and obviously shoots it from time to time.

Back to your thread... I don't have a 'safe queen' or anything that I'm afraid to shoot. Wait, I have something, somewhere in .40 that I almost never shoot, because its a .40, and well... you know.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    As someone who hasn't shot 95% of his collection-I have a lot of safe queens. BUT...none of them are handguns. I have a couple that I haven't got around to shooting yet, but I don't own a handgun I'd never shoot.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Ahhh, all these uncomfortable questions today. How much does one spend per annum on firearms and related materials, and what guns did we buy, but don't shoot ... :D

There are definitely guns that I don't shoot enough. One problem is that I get out to the range (or a training or sporting event) maybe twice a month. And often when this happens, I want to work on proficiency with a limited subset of firearms. If I discover that a firearm isn't a good match for me or won't fill a niche/role that I once thought it would, I sell it.

Current ones that I haven't shot:

1) a near pristine Bulgarian Makarov. I might get another like this one, and keep it in the safe. I have two that I take to the range and love to shoot. They are my Commie Glock 19s.

2) an Uberti single-action revolver (I've told you about this one, RD). Haven't had the chance to shoot it, and it's so pretty that I might leave it that way. I have a Ruger single-action in the same caliber that could serve the role if I do CAS this summer.

3) an AR assembly that I did under Chad's guidance. Once I can break free from work or house-related chores, this one is getting shot. :D

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    colt delta gold cup 10mm, s&w 629 .44mag, both stainless. neither have been out of the safe since i got into action shooting (uspsa, idpa, 3 gun, etc).

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I've got a VEPR 12 that needs a new home. Shot once. I need the safe space for other toys. Everything else gets regular exercise. :D

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    In pistol I have a New factory Left handed Hi Standard Military I have yet to shoot. In rifle I have 1 of a hand full MSAR Bullpup in 7.62x 39 rifles that ever left the factory as a complete rifle ( MSAR told me less than 5, They did offer a caliber change kit in the 7.62x39 but those guns are all marked 5.56). What makes of 1 of 1 is its the only left handed 1 ever made in that caliber. ( I also have a right handed bolt for it) It will get shot sometime soon.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    AHS limited edition WWII commemorative M1 Garand, I'm the 3rd generation to have it, rare rifle, never fired, mint condition, probably would have fired it if I didn't have a sweet 1962 type2 NM Garand to shoot.

S7300659.jpg

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    I have a SS Ruger Blackhawk 357 with redwood grips. She is flat out to purdy to shoot. She gets taken out, wiped off, and admired every so often. I don't ever intend to shoot it. It was just bought for my collection.

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    this i can relate to; mine's a little older (1914) but i have never shot it and at this point i doubt that i ever will.

everything else i NEVER shoot is in a similar vein: older pieces, often with sentimental value, no real reason to shoot them, and so it shall likely always be.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    hmmm

And I foolishly thought those were all crab pot buoys. hmmm

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    That's interesting. Last weekend a fellow member of BRGC was shooting a tiny Colt Vest pistol. He let me shoot a mag through it.

Now that I'm thinking, I believe there is another one that is about that size. I miscalled it, and he said the one I mentioned was slightly larger. Either way, it was a beautiful tiny little gun. I'm thankful for the experience.

He said his wife asked for a tiny gun, like a garter belt gun or something, and he initially bought it to explore that purpose. But it's woefully underpowered and not good as a defensive pistol, albeit amazingly tiny. Plus he loves it as a collectable, and obviously shoots it from time to time.

Back to your thread... I don't have a 'safe queen' or anything that I'm afraid to shoot. Wait, I have something, somewhere in .40 that I almost never shoot, because its a .40, and well... you know.

The Colt Vest Pocket Special is a striker fired .25 with grip safety. It was made in CONUS by Colt. The one you may have referred to would be the Colt Junior. Also in .25, but, hammer fired, no grip safety. Made by Italian Astra under contract to Colt. It is a tad larger that the VPS.

According to those I've been able to find any information from... The VPS is arguably the best .25 pistol ever made. But, opinions flourish in the world of firearms.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom