Oh yes....there will be fishing this summer.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    That is exactly the first thing I did last year when I got my boat which is pretty much identical to yours. I did thick marine plywood from top to bottom on the outside, on the inside I didn't do the entire inside, but I added new plywood from the bottom up to the part you removed, sealed it all with sealant and through bolted top and bottom with stainless steel bolts. Basically stiffened up the rear of the boat tremendously.

I have mine on a small trailer, reregistering the boat was a piece of cake, doing the same for the trailer was a typical MVA pain in the ass. Expensive too! To retitle the trailer and register it was over $100 and I had to get it MD inspected prior to that as well! Really? a two minute inspection just to show the lights worked and the tires were good?

Really like a boat this size, far more places you can use it.

Chris Rummel

Register the trailer in Maine and save yourself the headache.

Rumnhammer

Mar 2, 2013
    Bust out another thousand

Just remember the 2 happiest days of a boaters life.
    The day you buy it and the day you sell it.

This thought is always in my mind as well! Another reason why a small simple boat like this is better. The bigger a boat gets with more systems on it ie internal engine, fuel system, multiple batterys etc etc the more if falls under the BOAT catagorie. That stands for Bust Out Another Thousand. Boats should be kept simple and you will be far happier.

Chris Rummel

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Well, my boat still falls into the BOAT category but at least all I have to bust out is a tenspot to cover a minor thing. Most expensive thing on the BOAT is the trolling motor and I got the extended 5 year warranty for it at Dicks.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    May i know the registration fees.
    Depends on the size of the boat. And, also, your trailer needs to be registered.
    The cheapest way to register your trailer LEGALLY, is (as mentioned)
    Maine Trailer .com. You will get a 10 year registration for $100 or a bit more.
    Notice all these tractor-trailer trailers w/ the green Maine License tag?
    Legit, legal and a big F - U to MD.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Trailer? I purposefully didn't load this boat up for bear just so I can throw it on the back of my pickup and be done with it lol. No fee since I am using a trolling motor only required a $10 Documented USCG decal good for 2 years, excise tax of 5% or $15, and $2 for a new title in my name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom