• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AimsWellShootsWorse

Mar 2, 2011
    Prince George's County
    Ugh.

Short excerpt:
    I was for a very brief period of time, “a bright light” [to opponents of the gun bill]. However, last night a man came by and told me that he was going to contact everyone that had given money to my last campaign and tell them not to support me because I worked on and voted for this bill. I don’t know who my fans are. I came here to make a difference and hopefully my constituents will recognize that.

Much more here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...839534-9d69-11e2-a2db-efc5298a95e1_story.html

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Ugh.

Short excerpt:
    I was for a very brief period of time, “a bright light” [to opponents of the gun bill]. However, last night a man came by and told me that he was going to contact everyone that had given money to my last campaign and tell them not to support me because I worked on and voted for this bill. I don’t know who my fans are. I came here to make a difference and hopefully my constituents will recognize that.

Much more here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...839534-9d69-11e2-a2db-efc5298a95e1_story.html

Perfect example of how not to lobby. Probably made no difference but now she looks like a hero not beholden to anyone.

We better get smart in a hurry....there is still next year...

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    I live in Montgomery County I can assure you based on my conversations with people everywhere I go in the county there is a large segment of folks that were neutral with regard to 2nd Ammenment rights but as I speak with them these fence sitters have come to the conclusion this bill was not for their safety but a political favor at their expense. Yes there are a large group of asshats but they are not the majority. From now into 2014 I'm doing everything I can to unseat the incumbents to include Dumbass.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    she voted for it, therefor she voted against us.

Voted for it!? Hell she drove it through. Co-chaired the House committee, cosponsored the bill. The woman is pure evil. Lies drip off her lips with so much ease that I don't think she even knows when she is speaking the truth or BS.:mad54:

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    I'll be doing everything in my power to get her out in 2014.

tm12

Dec 22, 2012
    I'll be doing everything in my power to get her out in 2014.
    Absolutely. She was MOM's. She had her marching orders and followed them to the letter. Now she like MOM wants to take a victory lap. She needs to be voted out in 2014.

win296

Jun 15, 2012
    Baltimore
    The strategy to go after donors was only proposed at the last minute. She had made a deal with MOM several days prior, and had already turned coat by then.

By pretending to be with us, she probably got a better deal from MOM,

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    House of Delegates
    Legislative District 15
    (Vote for No More Than Three)
    Party Total Votes %
    Kathleen Dumais Democratic 23,476 20.74%
    Brian J. Feldman Democratic 23,120 20.43%
    Aruna Miller Democratic 21,353 18.87%
    Sylvia J. Darrow Republican 14,490 12.8%
    Scott Graham Republican 15,298 13.52%
    Matthew Mockerman Republican 13,477 11.91%
    Arvin Vohra Libertarian 1,910 1.69%
    Other Write-Ins 54 0.05%

This is the general election results, District 15 selects 3 rep/dem delegates in primaries and then 3 total in general.

Dem Primary Results

House of Delegates
    Legislative District 15
    Democratic (Vote for No More Than Three)
    Party Total Votes %
    Kathleen Dumais Democratic 6086 30.56%
    Brian J. Feldman Democratic 6262 31.44%
    David Fraser-Hidalgo Democratic 1755 8.81%
    Aruna Miller Democratic 4671 23.45%
    Lara Wibeto Democratic 1142 5.73%

This is all from http://www.elections.state.md.us/elections/2010/index.html

If I read all of this correctly, District 15 only had about 6500 Dem voters for the primary but likely 4-5 times that for the general

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Voted for it!? Hell she drove it through. Co-chaired the House committee, cosponsored the bill. The woman is pure evil. Lies drip off her lips with so much ease that I don't think she even knows when she is speaking the truth or BS.:mad54:

good work klunatic, you hurt that poor woman's feelings...

....nahhh I'm just kidding. I owe you a high five for tossing a turd into their punch bowl.

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    State Senator
    Legislative District 16
    Democratic (Vote for One)
    Party Total Votes %
    Brian E. Frosh Democratic 13043 100%

Primary: Unopposed

State Senator
    Legislative District 16
    (Vote for One)
    Party Total Votes %
    Brian E. Frosh Democratic 30,762 70.53%
    Jerry Cave Republican 12,815 29.38%

General: Landslide

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Perfect example of how not to lobby. Probably made no difference but now she looks like a hero not beholden to anyone.

We better get smart in a hurry....there is still next year...

I don't see how she looks like a hero to anyone. She told us she had big problems with aspects of the bill, then she drove the whole stinking thing through as-is.

rh92

Mar 2, 2013
    Rockville
    I live in Montgomery County I can assure you based on my conversations with people everywhere I go in the county there is a large segment of folks that were neutral with regard to 2nd Ammenment rights but as I speak with them these fence sitters have come to the conclusion this bill was not for their safety but a political favor at their expense. Yes there are a large group of asshats but they are not the majority. From now into 2014 I'm doing everything I can to unseat the incumbents to include Dumbass.

I'm in MoCo as well but lots of people I've spoken to said that nothing will really stop anyone from obtaining a gun or committing a crime through this bill. Surprised that people told me that given the political climate of this county.

Mind you most people I talk to are in their 20's but many of them think that if they really want to get something that is banned, then they will get it. Black market, another state, whatever and that couldn't be more true.

I'll also do my best to vote dumbass out of office. Don't even want to speak.

Ken Stanka

Mar 6, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    It's simple...

She is convinced (or is at least sticking to the narrative) that her shtt don't stink!!

Then, if she says it often--and loudly--enough, sheeple are expected to believe it.

Problem is, they will believe it, we already know they operate without thought or respect for fact.

This threat against her campaign will only vindicate her and garner sympathetic vote. (I use the word threat very lightly)

I respect this Alamo initiative greatly but think it is much better served being covert and a surprise when campaign time comes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom