• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 4, 2017
    Hey Ya'll. Just wanna pass on that Practical Training Professionals (PTP) is doing a FREE HQL tour. I just completed my MD Wear and Carry course this weekend with them in Annapolis. Ryan (instructor/owner) presents a down-to-earth class with a non-intimidating environment. Great for beginners. There is a $20 fee, but you will only be charged if you fail to show up with rescheduling. (An event in Baltimore had about 50% no shows)

Here is the link: https://www.ptpgun.com/product-page/free-basic-handgun-training

Spread the word.

~Sledgehammer

Oct 4, 2017
    What does it mean "tour". It does not say on the website it actually can be submitted for HQL training.

I'm fairly certain that Basic handgun=HQL. We discussed it at extent this weekend during my class. He's a licensed instructor and I just submitted my HQL application. Also pretty sure MD doesn't have any other certs/permits other than HQL and Wear/Carry Permit?
    Don't take my word for it tho, they're really easy to get into contact with. I may have misunderstood. Still, free "basic handgun" training? I'd jump on that

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I am less certain, since its does not really say HQL specifically. Also it does say anything about fingerprints. Maybe yes, maybe no. Usually instructors that offer HQL course use the magic words HQL. and mention eye and ear protection, ammo,...

I have my HQL... but when I refer people to classes (and I have) I like to have more deets including whether there is on-site live scan for prints...and not send people on a wild goose chase. It's hard enough running all the traps in this state.

Oct 4, 2017
    I am less certain, since its does not really say HQL specifically. Also it does say anything about fingerprints. Maybe yes, maybe no. Usually instructors that offer HQL course use the magic words HQL. and mention eye and ear protection, ammo,...

I have my HQL... but when I refer people to classes (and I have) I like to have more deets including whether there is on-site live scan for prints...and not send people on a wild goose chase. It's hard enough running all the traps in this state.

I'll leave it up to people to verify and do their own homework. You do you :party29:

Oct 4, 2017
    So I personally messaged PTP and the answer I got was that the training meets the requirements of the HQL.
    As far as getting the permit, not everyone wants to spend the money for wear/carry permit when they just want the HQL. Just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom