7. In or around State-owned public buildings and grounds (COMAR 04.05.01.03)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    This seems so silly, first of all what is "around" secondly how do we know if a building is owned by the state or just rented. Case in point have to run to 301 Preston Street / Dept of Taxation for work. Such silliness in a such a dangerous zip code...

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I get it. Have had to visit that exact same building. Sure, I can’t carry into the Dept offices. I get that. But ... am I “around” that state building when I park in the lot across the street and lock up my piece in the vehicle? Who knows? It’s all part of the Maryland Felony Lottery Game.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Sure would be nice if you told the rest of us what this is all about. :shrug:

When you hold an erroneous belief such as a prohibition is going to stop a criminal, it's natural to try to apply extra protection to yourself, it you have the power to do so.

That is, legislators work in State owned buildings.

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Sure would be nice if you told the rest of us what this is all about. :shrug:

The regulation listed in MD State Police website where you cannot legally carry a firearm. The neighborhood is totally sketchy and parking is hard to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    This seems so silly, first of all what is "around" secondly how do we know if a building is owned by the state or just rented. Case in point have to run to 301 Preston Street / Dept of Taxation for work. Such silliness in a such a dangerous zip code...

People need to go read the actual cite that MSP provides, since they mis-Quote almost all of them, in an effort to prevent people from exercising their right to carry.

From COMAR, word for word (Emphasis mine).

B. Except for official purposes and by authorized personnel, an individual on the property may not carry open or concealed firearms, explosives, incendiary devices, or dangerous or deadly weapons.

Link: http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/comarhtml/04/04.05.01.03.htm

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    People need to go read the actual cite that MSP provides, since they mis-Quote almost all of them, in an effort to prevent people from exercising their right to carry.

From COMAR, word for word (Emphasis mine).

B. Except for official purposes and by authorized personnel, an individual on the property may not carry open or concealed firearms, explosives, incendiary devices, or dangerous or deadly weapons.

Link: http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/comarhtml/04/04.05.01.03.htm

withdraw that comment

NOBODY

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom