• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • evilf150

Aug 28, 2009
    essex

Numbnuts ? No just read the story. I think its more like dumbass people:mad54:

"A pair of duck hunters has triggered a security alert at a nuclear weapons assembly plant in Amarillo, Texas.

Officials put the plant into lockdown after getting reports of individuals in camouflage gear stalking across the road from the factory.

They turned out to be two plant employees who had decided to spend their day off hunting fowl.

The plant was briefly shut as a "precautionary measure", a plant official said.

"They were just doing what people do around here," said Carson County Sheriff Tam Terry.

"They just had a lot more company than they were planning on."

The pair, who sparked the alert when spotted early in the morning carrying arms and dressed in camouflage gear, were later found in a nearby field setting up goose decoys.

No charges will be filed against the men who both had permission to hunt from the local landowner."

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Sorry, but I disagree with the group here. You have two men in camo with guns near an ultra high value target. You lock down, charge the rifles and investigate. When you determine they're hunters you go back to normal operations. I don't see the problem with this, it seems like a sound response to me.

Fodder4Thought

New Dad!!
    Jul 19, 2009
    Sorry, but I disagree with the group here. You have two men in camo with guns near an ultra high value target. You lock down, charge the rifles and investigate. When you determine they're hunters you go back to normal operations. I don't see the problem with this, it seems like a sound response to me.

Considering how it played out, I agree - there was something that warranted both investigation and preparation for an armed response, but wound up being totally innocuous.

As long as the end result was something along the lines of 'Never mind, boys - good luck out there,' I don't have any real issues with it.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    As long as the end result was something along the lines of 'Never mind, boys - good luck out there,' I don't have any real issues with it.

Bingo. I'd have been up in arms too if the guys had been hassled when they were ID'd.

Fodder4Thought

New Dad!!
    Jul 19, 2009
    Terrorism is working just the way they intended it to. Excellent plan. Bravo terrorists!
    Everyone is so scared they need company to take a dump. Sick. Sick. Sick. Sheeple rule!

If this had happened outside the local pudding factory I might agree with you.

Nuclear weapons plants, though, are deserving of slightly more stringent security procedures.

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    yes i agree .

"Security" should have known that it was duck season, and that people would LEGALLY hunt there. This is another complete failure of "security".NOT knowing what is happening in the real world shows a cavalier attitude towards their job that is darned close to a criminal dereliction of duty.

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    "Security" should have known that it was duck season, and that people would LEGALLY hunt there. This is another complete failure of "security".NOT knowing what is happening in the real world shows a cavalier attitude towards their job that is darned close to a criminal dereliction of duty.

Bingo. most of the security i have had to deal with are a joke to say the least, and the sad part is especially with our military base's. They give most of these clown's gun's, but still restrict citizen's from legally carrying.

13mogul

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2009

Exactly, this surprised me because it happened in Texas. And also worries me because of the naievete of the "security" at the plant. It shows how the gun culture has been driven out of most peoples lives, replaced by an irrational fear of even hunters. :sad20:

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    :thumbsup:
    Considering how it played out, I agree - there was something that warranted both investigation and preparation for an armed response, but wound up being totally innocuous.

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom