Can I carry a holstered Pellet gun In AA county?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tommy1de

Feb 17, 2012
    I have a ruthless fear of snakes. I keep a pistol style pellet gun in my home and have had to use it more than once. I am also an avid freshwater fisherman. Can I legally carry my pellet gun holstered/concealed or holstered/not concealed in Anne Arundel County when I am out fishing “just in case”?

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    I think the more relevant question is: "Is it s good idea?"

You probably wouldn't be able to walk two blocks without a "Man with a gun" call to 911. And we all know where it would go from there.
    :(

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    If seen you will be considered armed and probably dangerous. Legal or not this is not a good idea. If out in the woods and not around people and where legal you would be better to carry it in a pack discretely.

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    1. I don't know of the legality of it but if a cop stops you I'm betting he is gonna tell you its not a good idea.

2. Why are you killing snakes? They mind their own business and will usually hear you coming and leave before you see them. They are GREAT rodent hunters and will leave you alone unless provoked.

Would you rather have a couple snakes under your house that you rarely ever see, or rats and mice IN your house carrying all their diseases?

Where the Hell are you fishing that you're seeing snakes everywhere?!?! LMAO! I go out and look for snakes, and still get skunked pretty often!

They're NOT going to hurt you. You don't need to worry about killing them.

Odds are the snakes you're seeing when you're fishing are northern water snakes - completely harmless to you. They are NOT water moccassins - we don't have those in MD.

Garter snakes on the other hand, will try to eat you alive!

(BTW, this cute little guy is from my backyard koi pond. I interupted lunch (one of my frogs) and he was upset enough to take things out on my knuckle. I relocated him to a nice overgrown field with plenty of crickets, grasshoppers and mice a few miles away.)

ouch2.jpg

What now, Photobucket Nazis?

Last edited:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    1. I don't know of the legality of it but if a cop stops you I'm betting he is gonna tell you its not a good idea.

2. Why are you killing snakes? They mind their own business and will usually hear you coming and leave before you see them. They are GREAT rodent hunters and will leave you alone unless provoked.

Would you rather have a couple snakes under your house that you rarely ever see, or rats and mice IN your house carrying all their diseases?

I hate to agree with him hahah j/k but he is 100% right. There is no need to kill it. They scurry away anyway and very very very rarely attack. Why not just have a stick to shoo it away?

That brings up my next question.

I live in silver spring md and am deathly affraid of polar bears. Due to their aggressive nature can I carry my vaquero 44 mag?

JK op.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    I hate to agree with him hahah j/k but he is 100% right. There is no need to kill it. They scurry away anyway and very very very rarely attack. Why not just have a stick to shoo it away?

That brings up my next question.

I live in silver spring md and am deathly affraid of polar bears. Due to their aggressive nature can I carry my vaquero 44 mag?

JK op.

You carry a gun all day anyway. Now we all know why there are NO polar bears in DC!

tommy1de

Feb 17, 2012
    I appreciate all the suggestions and opinions; however, the basis of my question remains unanswered. I know that a pellet gun is considered a “weapon” in Maryland, and discharging one within 100 yards of a residence is a crime. My question – mainly out of curiosity – is: can a pellet gun be legally carried in a holster either concealed or unconcealed? Obviously, I would not carry it to the 7-11 or Ravens game, only in the woods while fishing. Thanks.

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    I appreciate all the suggestions and opinions; however, the basis of my question remains unanswered. I know that a pellet gun is considered a “weapon” in Maryland, and discharging one within 100 yards of a residence is a crime. My question – mainly out of curiosity – is: can a pellet gun be legally carried in a holster either concealed or unconcealed? Obviously, I would not carry it to the 7-11 or Ravens game, only in the woods while fishing. Thanks.

If you think your question hasn't been answered, then go ahead and do it-- then get back to us after a visit or two to your local State Park or trail........ Let us know how things went....:sad20:

And you fish in the woods???-- You'd probably have better luck in a pond or river.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom