• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PMKMD

Jul 13, 2010
    I bought 1000 steel rounds of Wolf 9mm cheap online but I can not shoot at the range (Rookie mistake) I was planning to go to an outdoor range and shoot them there. I have a XDM 9mm. would shooting these rounds damage my gun?

thx

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    I bought 1000 steel rounds of Wolf 9mm cheap online but I can not shoot at the range (Rookie mistake) I was planning to go to an outdoor range and shoot them there. I have a XDM 9mm. would shooting these rounds damage my gun?

thx

lol you can shoot steel case at a indoor range just not steel core

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008

thx

Probably not. It's all I shoot in my AR and if I didn't start reloading it's probably all I'd shoot.

lol you can shoot steel case at a indoor range just not steel core

Depends on the range. A lot of steel case ammo has a mild steel jacketed projectile which some ranges don't allow because it causes premature wear on their backstop, i.e. Freestate. Same rule to steel core ammo.

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    Probably not. It's all I shoot in my AR and if I didn't start reloading it's probably all I'd shoot.

Depends on the range. A lot of steel case ammo has a mild steel jacketed projectile which some ranges don't allow because it causes premature wear on their backstop, i.e. Freestate. Same rule to steel core ammo.

I dont go there so lol

PMKMD

Jul 13, 2010

I should have stated that it is also steel core, Free state is the one where I found it out :D

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    I should have stated that it is also steel core, Free state is the one where I found it out :D

Which ammo is it? It's probably not actually steel core like the M855 penetrator rounds, but steel jacketed and copper washed/plated. It's kind of semantics but kind of not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom