• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    It also wasn't yet known how Craddock got the suppressor he used on his handgun, though authorities have said he legally purchased multiple firearms recently.

How long does it take to look up one person in the records of the ATF for the legal purchase of a NFA regulated suppressor? If he did not get the background check, pay the tax, and get the approval it must have been "illegal". They might not know HOW he got it but they should know if it is legal or not.

But that must be one of those things that can be bought ".... any weapon any time ...." to quote Barrack Obama.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    If what I heard was right, this occurred in a gun free zone (government bldg.), by an African-American, who was registered Democrat, that was fired (or was about to be fired) from his government job, used two .45 Cal Pistols (not a black rifle) that were legally bought, and used a suppressor (which looks like it was legally purchased as well). This is going to disappear from the news like the last one did. They don't like it when it one of their chosen does people in.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Well, let's see how many take the stance on suppressors like they did on bump stocks, binary triggers. Remember everyone saying "it wont affect me". Well it does, one step at a time of banning everything. I'm not trying to start a pissing match, I'm just pointing ou facts. The gun haters scored a victory with bumpstocks, onto the next thing.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    It didn’t take long for the antis to target something to ban in the aftermath.... This dummy thinks the .45 ACP rounds were actually silenced. Has it even been established that the murderer did, in fact, use a suppressor?

And this is quaint.....what does it say just below the headline on the video link??? Here ya go:

‘We kept hearing gunshots’

WTF.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ing-virginia-beach-sets-an-ominous-precedent/

Seen on Twatter last night in response to pelosi's standard canned rant: "TIME TO DO SOMETHING! ANYTHING!"

I guess WaPo read that too. Morons...

ETA: The majority of Twatter responses demanded more support for mental health initiatives instead of more ineffective laws. I was completely surprised. I think the kids' recent walkout and sidewalk demonstration had an effect.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Well, let's see how many take the stance on suppressors like they did on bump stocks, binary triggers. Remember everyone saying "it wont affect me". Well it does, one step at a time of banning everything. I'm not trying to start a pissing match, I'm just pointing ou facts. The gun haters scored a victory with bumpstocks, onto the next thing.

Yep, one tiny slice at a time while never letting a tragedy go to waste.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    C4 has been jabbering all morning about the evils of suppressors

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    The good news is that this isn't 1986. Suppressors have become mainstream items...NFA for People Not Interested in NFA. And they are specifically permitted by Federal law.

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    This weekend, when asked about suppressors, Trump says “I don’t like them at all.”

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-marine-one-departure-46/

Bump stock 2.0?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

But I thought Trump was the savior of the 2a! What happened?! I don't understand, it's almost like he claimed he was the candidate of the 2nd amendment for votes or something while having no real conviction to guard our constitutional rights!

Sad!

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    But I thought Trump was the savior of the 2a! What happened?! I don't understand, it's almost like he claimed he was the candidate of the 2nd amendment for votes or something while having no real conviction to guard our constitutional rights!

Sad!
    So you think the European treaty regarding ammo was a good thing and Trump should have let us ratified it? I think, like a lot of people, he may need to be educated on the matter.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    So you think the European treaty regarding ammo was a good thing and Trump should have let us ratified it? I think, like a lot of people, he may need to be educated on the matter.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

D Jr. is the family gun expert. Hopefully he's on our side.

Personally(hopefully), I think this may just go away(for all the wrong reasons). The perp has too many of the wrong boxes checked from what I'm hearing. Who knows...:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom