• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cldw72

Jul 11, 2016
    Can anyone help me with this or point me in the direction of where I can find this information. I've tried looking for information online and the only thing I can find is actual gun laws. I don't necessarily want to call the Sheriff's department and ask this question.

My son and his friend would like to set up targets in the woods behind our house and I absolutely don't want them doing anything that could get them in trouble. Up to this point our son has only been allowed to do target practice in our basement.

Thank you for any help!

cldw72

Jul 11, 2016
    We're in Harford County, I was wondering if they were considered a firearm and thus subject to the same laws. You need to be 21 to obtain a permit to carry, correct?

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    We're in Harford County, I was wondering if they were considered a firearm and thus subject to the same laws. You need to be 21 to obtain a permit to carry, correct?

Not considered to be a firearm in Harford, however using one like a firearm can be a crime (like brandishing or use in a robbery). If they walk down the street and pont it at someone or threaten someone they can be chagred with a dangerous/deadly weapon charge.

There is an airsoft store in bel air and the paintball field in aberdeen has an airsoft field too.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    To be safe, call the Sheriff's office and ask. They're a friendly group. Then ask you neighbors if they mind and explain what you're shooting, in what direction and ease their minds BEFORE the police are called.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    as long as the projectiles don't leave your yard should be GTG. That goes with anything ie Bow/Arrow etc

§ 260-1 Sale and use restrictions.

B.
    It shall unlawful for any person to discharge or use any such bow and arrow, BB gun, slingshot or device, except on private property with the express permission of the owner or other person entitled to possession of such property and in such a manner as to prevent the discharged pellet or object from traversing any grounds or space outside the limits of such property or except at an indoor or outdoor target range under the supervision of an adult.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    My son and his friend would like to set up targets in the woods behind our house and I absolutely don't want them doing anything that could get them in trouble.

Are the woods behind your house part of your property or do they belong to someone else?

Where are you in Harford Co.? There is a junior Air Rifle Club that meets in Rising Sun and another up near Quarryville.

cldw72

Jul 11, 2016
    Thank you for all of the help!

No, the woods are not part of our property. I'll look into the Air Rifle Club but we are down in the Abingdon area and football is getting ready to start, which will consume our lives from now until Oct/Nov. :rolleyes:

GlockMafia

Glock and Sig!
    Jul 4, 2015
    Hazard County
    Check out the Izaak Walton league in Abingdon. My son re-vamped the rifle (.22) program a couple of years ago, now they have a team that shoots. If you need contact information, PM me, I'll give you my friend who coordinates the rifle club...

By the way, unless someone complains, no Deputy will give a hoot...

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Check out the Izaak Walton league in Abingdon. My son re-vamped the rifle (.22) program a couple of years ago, now they have a team that shoots. If you need contact information, PM me, I'll give you my friend who coordinates the rifle club...

That's the problem. Hazzard County has a lot of out of towners moving in. I've got one neighbor that is from Bowie and all she wants is our community to become Bowie North. I told her it's not gonna happen and she better learn what it's like to live in Hazzard County.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa

My son just completed his Hunter Safety course at the Izaak Walton facility Saturday. The head of the rifle team was talking to us after, you have to be 13 to be part of the rifle team and since my boy is only 11 he's sol for a couple yrs. yet. I believe he said there was more info on their facebook site.

GlockMafia

Glock and Sig!
    Jul 4, 2015
    Hazard County
    That's the problem. Hazzard County has a lot of out of towners moving in. I've got one neighbor that is from Bowie and all she wants is our community to become Bowie North. I told her it's not gonna happen and she better learn what it's like to live in Hazzard County.

I hear ya...back in 93' I hung a deer on a tree in my back yard and my new neighbor from PG county came out screaming that I had traumatized his children. The next month came and I was practicing with my bow...he and his friends were having wine on his deck when one of them says "that's so barbaric"...LOL My response? "KMA"...

It's getting worse.

Outta Air

Dec 28, 2015
    Exactly where I want to be
    as long as the projectiles don't leave your yard should be GTG. That goes with anything ie Bow/Arrow etc

§ 260-1 Sale and use restrictions.

B.
    It shall unlawful for any person to discharge or use any such bow and arrow, BB gun, slingshot or device, except on private property with the express permission of the owner or other person entitled to possession of such property and in such a manner as to prevent the discharged pellet or object from traversing any grounds or space outside the limits of such property or except at an indoor or outdoor target range under the supervision of an adult.

That is correct. Here's the link. This is all I could find too.

http://ecode360.com/9375516?highlight=rifle,air

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom