• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    Believe it or not, MSM is on a lot of boards and even does manufacturer interviews at SHOT. I saw him filming Kyle Lamb demonstrating the VTAC sling one year. He is free advertising and airsofters spend money too. In case you didn't know, he is the guy that makes alot of these patches. I still wouldn't be relying on his tactical prowess.....hello J Mintzer....hint, hint.

I hear you. But in reality, at 52 years old, I'm not heading to the sand box any time soon. I use the gear for training and, God forbid, if the SHTF. If that ever happens, my guess is that it'll work just fine...

Jamie

jmira

VA Rocks.
    Mar 25, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    I started my battle belt tonight. Ordered a USGG Infidel and 2 combo mag pouches. I chose the infidel over the warthog because it sat lower in the rear. may be easier to layer a carrier on top of for me.

thanks again for all the input here.

RipkinC

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2007
    Free America
    A thread from the dead.

I sat down and read this entire thread over the weekend, and while bouncing around on line, I found this http://www.ctoms.ca/07/equipment/detail.php?product_id=11 belt. I'm hoping to get Kevp's thoughts on this

Thanks kev

First problem I see with it is... Its Canadian!
    </inside joke>

If you want a belt like that that you add on to, I can show you something I use for my photo gear, very sim and can attach a harness to, made in USA and cheaper

gibby

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Bel Air, MD
    I have a goofy Idea. Gear Gathering. Bring your gear. Everybody gets a chance to see different set ups and how to set themselves up correctly. Like pampered chef for gun people. Maybe get a Industrial Partner involved.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I have a goofy Idea. Gear Gathering. Bring your gear. Everybody gets a chance to see different set ups and how to set themselves up correctly. Like pampered chef for gun people. Maybe get a Industrial Partner involved.

I'd be down for a gear petting zoo. I'd like to get an idea first hand what I need.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county

That would be awesome!!!

rvanrens

Jun 27, 2010
    Adamstown, MD

This is one of the better ideas I've heard lately. I'd be up for it.

sandbanger

how's it going eisenhower
    Dec 14, 2010
    i'd be down to bring in my tacticool gear for show and tell. its beat to hell and back.

mdjamesd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Towson
    When and Where? It would be fantastic to be able to actually find out what a product is like before shelling out the dough.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Zombie thread. I'm down for a Pampered Gun Owner night.

We had talked about doing it in conjunction with the chili cook off......but that was when we were thinking about doing it at The Nut Haus. Now that we are in a more public venue it would still be possible but with many caveats (No training or airsoft guns would be warning number 1, don't want to freak out joe public.

Last edited:

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Just came across this writeup, after someone bumped it. Thanks for taking the time to do it it was very informative. Two noob questions:

1. I notice in some of your pics, and others, the belt seems to have massive padding(?) or something else that covers the bare belt. What is this?

2. This may sound like a dumb question, and probably is, but how do you don this belt? It would seem almost impossible to thread it through belt loops on any sort of pants, is it the type of thing that you just have all the gear hanging off of, and then throw it on your waste on top of whatever?

Thanks

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    There is the belt, and there is the battle belt.

The battle belt is the basic belt threaded though the padded unit.

The padded unit helps distribute the weight and has many points of attachment for equipment usually with standard molle webbing (I may be using the academic language wrong here).

Battle belts are meant to carry a lot of gear....pistol, magazines, carbine magazines, utility tools, first aid kit, etc.....and that weighs quite a bit. It goes over everything else and may include suspenders to help with the load.

dwhaley

Oct 20, 2008
    HSGI Sure-grip belt....imo, a much stronger contender than many others mentioned in this thread. I'd spring for the Cobra-buckled inner riggers belt, as well...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom