• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Your item was delivered at 5:11 am on September 24, 2018 in WASHINGTON, DC 20226.

Took 7 days - We will see if I get my return receipt

I’m sick of Maryland’s bs, but I spent $6.70 to send the damn letter out certified. That being said, I’ll say my piece.
    I know I expressed concern on this forum before about how “staying and fighting” was a waste of time, money, and resources because we’re just going to continue to lose more and gain nothing. Several here more or less scoffed at me. Well, here we are a year, two years later. It’s constant chipping away...the day will come when some will be tired of the bs and want to utilize the 2A as originally intended, but by then they won’t have the money or the tools to do so.
    But hey, let’s continue to bow down to communist MD and continue to deplete everything we have...it’s been working great so far.
    It pisses me off that bs laws are passed and then we are left trying to right their wrong. If the law is questionable, the sob should be shelved until it’s sorted out, not implemented and then fought to undo them.

I posted nearly 4 years ago that Hogan was anti 2A and got the same treatment....lots of crow eaten here...now the same people are still arguing for voting for him...Ted Nugent said it best... "A whole lot of gun owners are their own worst enemies"

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    Mine was posted as delivered this morning at 5:30 AM. Sent it Monday a week ago.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Well I mailed a copy to the ATF and a copy to myself. I could have spent that money on a cheeseburger instead. Really could go for a cheeseburger right about now. Anyway, thanks to the folks over at MSI for fighting this and putting out the warning.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    I’m sick of Maryland’s bs, but I spent $6.70 to send the damn letter out certified. That being said, I’ll say my piece.
    I know I expressed concern on this forum before about how “staying and fighting” was a waste of time, money, and resources because we’re just going to continue to lose more and gain nothing. Several here more or less scoffed at me. Well, here we are a year, two years later. It’s constant chipping away...the day will come when some will be tired of the bs and want to utilize the 2A as originally intended, but by then they won’t have the money or the tools to do so.
    But hey, let’s continue to bow down to communist MD and continue to deplete everything we have...it’s been working great so far.
    It pisses me off that bs laws are passed and then we are left trying to right their wrong. If the law is questionable, the sob should be shelved until it’s sorted out, not implemented and then fought to undo them.

Your rant is not falling on deaf ears in my case. Many of us old timers have seen this coming simply because the majority of gun owners just don't give a F. As with so many groups, the minority pull the wagon while the majority take the free ride. We are up against a persistent enemy to our freedoms. A young man or woman today can't comprehend what has already been lost. They only understand it from their time perspective. I'm done talking and I'm done preaching. They are not going to stop until they have their way. The reality is that you are not going to stop them in this state unless people start getting off their a**es and start supporting the hard work that is being done by the few and I just don't see that happening.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Anyone on this thread not sending a letter? I'm still contemplating if it puts a bullseye on my forehead.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Anyone on this thread not sending a letter? I'm still contemplating if it puts a bullseye on my forehead.

If it makes you feel more comfortable send one. I imagine all you will get back is a canned letter stating that ATF does not handle such matters. As they have not change their positions. See:

HTML:
    https://www.atf.gov/news/pr/maryland-law-restricting-rapid-fire-trigger-activators

I would be really interested in how many they received, could help in the court case.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    I am no lawyer but it does not seem like any more of a bulls eye than getting an HQL and/or filling out a 77R for a stripped lower. The ATF has said they don't want these and they are not being mailed to any state organization. Besides the law seems to be so vague that if a judge comments that it could include lubricants there will be plenty of people saying that they don't know what the law covered and they are covering themselves based on advice that they received.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Mailed letter to ATF today as well as a copy to myself. Also sent them an email with the form attached at 11:36AM this morning. Just received a response to it, it's the same canned response others have mentioned but I'm surprised that it only took two and a half hours, I didn't expect anything for days.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Did you read the text of the MSI template letter? It's very vague as to what you may or may not own.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Nope.
    Even if it did, there's plenty of others who have chosen the bullseye. Will you join us?

Amen to that.

Someone above mentioned that there's no free lunch. For those who have sent or are sending the letter or email, please consider throwing a few bucks to MSI as well. Fighting this and similar BS costs money.

tailgunner

Oct 18, 2013
    PAsadena Md.
    Fat boy Hogan

Looks like fat boy Hogan lost his support from the NRA..... friggin rhino.
    I guess he'll garner enough votes from liberals to push him over jealous so I won't have to waste my vote on him.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Looks like fat boy Hogan lost his support from the NRA..... friggin rhino.
    I guess he'll garner enough votes from liberals to push him over jealous so I won't have to waste my vote on him.

A. There are a lot of fat boys here
    B. This is not the time to get hung up on principles. Get out and vote for the old rhino. Don't consider it a waste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom