• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Guys please be careful especially at gun shows there are a lot of people renting tables and selling Chinese junk at twice what I see it for on places like GEEK. That being said for things like grips or bipods sure give them a go. for stuff that you need to work like BCGs, charging handles, triggers etc steer away from the Chinese junk.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    I too was a 2111. Reserved to 2nd echelon till my eas though. If anything, I know more about foreign weapons from being in 29 palms, Camp Wilson, ATG. The only time I can recall having to dick with the gas system on an m4 is when someone was having trouble with cycling and the problem ended up being a clogged gas key from trying to use qtips instead of pipe cleaners to clean it.

Wow. I think I just partly answered my own question lol.

Semper Fi!
    You probably know more than I do. It was a secondary MOS for me and I spent more time with M60 and M2 door guns. The M16A2 and Beretta were issued just before I discharged.
    Camp Wilson was just a tent city in my day. We played poker for pink rocks for entertainment. :party29:

Yeah, I'd just do what Clandestine suggested and elongate the tube hole to match by hand.
    I'd clamp the gas block in my Drill Press vice and use a tiny end mill through the hole. But lacking those tools, I'd scratch the tube with an awl or Dental Pick, pull it out and gently Dremel the hole with an appropriate size burr. Flame me gently please.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Guys please be careful especially at gun shows there are a lot of people renting tables and selling Chinese junk at twice what I see it for on places like GEEK. That being said for things like grips or bipods sure give them a go. for stuff that you need to work like BCGs, charging handles, triggers etc steer away from the Chinese junk.

Yeah, there was a table at the Gettysburg show with someone selling a bunch off SR-25 barrels. I was tempted at $58...but I have zero recourse if it sucks. At least most reasonably reputable and inexpensive dealers online will exchange it if the barrel blows monkeys.

Let alone someone nice. I usually go lower end barrels in builds just because so far in life I’ve run in to one barrel (hey, it was on sale for $48 from Brownell’s, generic manufacturer and it was for a short range HD carbine with a red dot. 2.5MOA is just fine) that hasn’t gotten me to at least 1MOA with the right ammo and at that point it is just as likely something else is having more impact on my accuracy than the barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom