• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

stringofbull

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 27, 2012
    The first sticking point of gun control advocates is Mental Health Disorders as we discussed earlier. The second sticking point to gun control advocates is the Gun Show Loophole. Gun Control Advocates believe that gun shows are a place where those who want to circumvent the background check requirements go to buy their guns of choice. They envision all sorts of bad things with these " bad " guns. I believe we can address this issue by using the same background checks we use now faster. Faster as in same day.

The " Gun Show Loophole " can be closed by requiring background checks at gun shows. We just need a way to speed up the same checks so we can still purchase firearms same day while still completing the checks now required which take days to complete. Gun shows can still be a " cash and carry " and removing this arrow from the quiver of gun control advocates.

What is your opinion on this.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    I think you are a troll trying to cause problems

258Troll_spray.jpg

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Background checks are required at gun shows for all dealers. The "loophole" is if grandma wants to sell pappy's old guns she can go to a show, find a buyer and sell it. Because she is not a dealer she cannot access the NICS system

opening up NICS to private citizens would be a great place to start.

I don't sell often (and usually it's to someone I know or another 03ffl so the prohibited person is not usually an issue) but it would be nice if we had a way to do a check for CYA.

Mandating NICS for private sales would be difficult to say the least....

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    There is no circumventing.

You are engaging in commerce as the law currently allows.

If you knowingly transfer a firearm to a prohibited person, you are breaking the law.

OP, Why are you spouting the Anti's agenda?

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    By closing the "gun show loophole" the anti-gunners are really saying they want to BAN ALL PRIVATE GUN SALES.
    No way.
    If I have an unregulated firearm like an antique rifle or hunting rifle I can and should be able to sell it to someone without having to jump through hoops.
    NICS is already too overburdened and I can't imagine it having a 40% increase in call volume.
    Who's going to pay for all the extra operators?

stringofbull

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 27, 2012
    I am not a troll. It's time we discuss these things before the General Assembly creates ways of taking our guns. If you want to be blind and hope the gun control advocates will relax, that's your choice. But these are their sticking points and they must be addressed. I'm all for allowing the same background checks at gun shows as we do at gun dealers. We use gun shows to same day purchase items we want. Lets revamp the background checks so cash and carry same day can occur at both venues.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I am not a troll. It's time we discuss these things before the General Assembly creates ways of taking our guns. If you want to be blind and hope the gun control advocates will relax, that's your choice. But these are their sticking points and they must be addressed. I'm all for allowing the same background checks at gun shows as we do at gun dealers. We use gun shows to same day purchase items we want. Lets revamp the background checks so cash and carry same day can occur at both venues.

NICS already occurs at gun shows and cash and carry already occurs following th NICS check.

Your point is going mighty wide of the mark here.

Mr H

Banana'd
    opening up NICS to private citizens would be a great place to start.

I don't sell often (and usually it's to someone I know or another 03ffl so the prohibited person is not usually an issue) but it would be nice if we had a way to do a check for CYA.

Mandating NICS for private sales would be difficult to say the least....

I have never sold FTF, and only purchased once, from a trusted source.

I would be in favor of making a simple web portal available for OPTIONAL use for FTF sales, just to get a protective :thumbsup::tdown: if you chose.

Mandating anything is a road to further regulation/restriction.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina

Well i am not, it the seller wants to fine but mandatory no way! And you do realize if it is a dealer at a show selling he still has to run a NICS check. I know these things I worked at a shop for two years

stringofbull

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 27, 2012
    There is no circumventing.

You are engaging in commerce as the law currently allows.

If you knowingly transfer a firearm to a prohibited person, you are breaking the law.

OP, Why are you spouting the Anti's agenda?

It needs to be addressed and dealt with before the GA. Secondly the word knowingly applies that you asked the person if they are prohibited or are aware they are prohibited which is why it's not asked. We can take this point away from them by requiring same day background checks at both gun shows and gun shops. How is this an anti agenda? We must address this before the GA goes way beyond what we can stop.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    The so-called "Gun Show Loophole" (GSL) is a misnomer. Background checks are ALREADY requiredby dealers at gun shows. Federal and state laws apply to licensed gun dealers regardless of where they are transacting business. Federal jurisdiction does not stop at the entrance to the county fairgrounds.

What the antis really mean when they talk about "closing the GSL", is regulating private sales, the rules of which vary from state to state. Private sales at gun shows are no different than those sales taking place anywhere else. My belief is that the antis want to outlaw, or regulate to death, gun shows because everyone knows that they are simply a front for illegal weapons trafficking. :sarcasm:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Guys...this person is one of our recurring trolls.

Dont waste your breath.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom