rest of us, however, must give them
    up. The cost has simply become too
    great."

Guess what's next.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Out of all the gun grabbing idiots we come across, JJ may just be the biggest POS of the bunch. It is hard to belive someone who has such contempt for honest citizens, and a constitutional right can be in a position of power like he is.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    "Hunters and sports shooters
    do not generally use handguns, and the
    notion that we are safer with guns in
    our homes to defend ourselves is false."

Sorry guys, idpa must not count as sport shooting, neither does all that shooting we did on the 5th. And using that nice 10 mm to hunt hogs or that 460, noone does that do they? and as for the people that have saved their and their families lives by defensive gun use in the homes, you actually don't exist. I mean he does have a logical argument, when someone breaks into your house it sure is easier to defend yourself with a telephone than it is with a gun.....what a dipsh!t

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    "Study after study shows that guns are
    rarely used successfully in self-defense"

I'll concede to this if "successfully" means firing the gun and killing the badguy. Most of the time just showing the gun is enough to end the altercation and no shot needs to be fired. if "successfully" means haulting agression then this guy is living in la-la land

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    "Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA -- ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the state." - Heinrich Himmler.

"Thus, our public policy goal
    should be to restrict the sale and
    possession of all handguns to those
    who can demonstrate a legitimate
    law enforcement purpose..."

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Out of all the gun grabbing idiots we come across, JJ may just be the biggest POS of the bunch. It is hard to belive someone who has such contempt for honest citizens, and a constitutional right can be in a position of power like he is.

People in power are usually those who have the most contempt for citizens who want to exercise their rights.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    This "paper" was written in October 1999. I doubt that his mind has changed in the least bit. I posted to remind everyone what we are up against in Maryland. These people will not be moved by a "citizen favorable" ruling by The SCUS. They will continue to fight for their ability to control us. This is not some private group. This Is YOUR State Government.

Never give up the fight.

-Boxcab

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    What are these studies he refers to? Were they ones that Hitler had done? We wouldn't want to make it seem like the freedom fighters in the Warsaw ghetto got anywhere, I mean they DID lose in the end, right?

As to handgun hunting, I guess he never heard of that. My guess is he is anti hunting too, no one should shoot cute widdle animals, and using a handgun makes it even more evil! IDPA? Oh he would say that is not needed since it's based on ccw situations, and we all know that stopping a robber who intends to kill you after you gave them whatever they wanted, has never ever happened. Many a robber has also been scared silly by the sight of a telephone and hearing 3 #'s being punched in, so what does anyone need a gun for? Also women don't have men break into their houses to rape them, they break in but the women seduce them cuz women find criminals to be sexy, then later change their mind and are being mean by saying they were raped.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD

Sorry guys, idpa must not count as sport shooting, neither does all that shooting we did on the 5th. And using that nice 10 mm to hunt hogs or that 460, noone does that do they? and as for the people that have saved their and their families lives by defensive gun use in the homes, you actually don't exist. I mean he does have a logical argument, when someone breaks into your house it sure is easier to defend yourself with a telephone than it is with a gun.....what a dipsh!t

The debate about what type of firearm is best suited for Home defense, is usually argued between males, with an average height of 5'10", average weight of 180 lbs, and between the ages of 25-40. I believe the argument leaves out smaller males, some women, the disabled, the elderly ect. I really cannot envision a person in a wheelchair trying to weild a shotgun, indoors, unless it was a SBS. During the supreme court arguments for heller, there a few moments spent debating that long arms were the best weapons for home defense, but i have to disagree.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I love it when Ron Smith asks one of these bastards to put their money where their mouth is and put a sign on their front lawn saying "No gun". No one he has ever asked to do that has said they would. Safer without a firearm my ass.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    IMO, all the "a pistol/MG/"assault weapon" can be used to hunt or sportshoot" arguments are kinda playing into their game. We stick to the truth, and do what we can to educate fence-sitters to come to our side. Our numbers are our greatest strength, we build enough to sway elections, protest every anti-gun bill, and support every pro-gun measure. Just like the ugly but true purpose of the 2A is seldom talked about, the same is true for gun control, the fact that citizen disarmament almost always precludes tyranny in one form or another should not be ignored. Logic and debate will not change the mind of a serious gun grabber, terminating their employment and influence is the only way to beat them.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    The debate about what type of firearm is best suited for Home defense, is usually argued between males, with an average height of 5'10", average weight of 180 lbs, and between the ages of 25-40. I believe the argument leaves out smaller males, some women, the disabled, the elderly ect. I really cannot envision a person in a wheelchair trying to weild a shotgun, indoors, unless it was a SBS. During the supreme court arguments for heller, there a few moments spent debating that long arms were the best weapons for home defense, but i have to disagree.
    Very true. Even a short barreled shotgun is too much for a one armed man to operate.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie

Not to mention that pistol shooting is an Olympic sport.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    IMO, all the "a pistol/MG/"assault weapon" can be used to hunt or sportshoot" arguments are kinda playing into their game. We stick to the truth, and do what we can to educate fence-sitters to come to our side.
    I see what you are saying, but all too often when debating a total newcomer to the issue that are filled with so many misconceptions the antis have fed them, the door to openning their mind is often opened by exposing one of the simplest lies the antis have told them and that is that AW and handguns are not actually used in sport and hunting....which of course they are and very often used in sports and hunting.
    From the beginning it neuters the "they are not used for anything but killing people" argument.
    Our numbers are our greatest strength, we build enough to sway elections, protest every anti-gun bill, and support every pro-gun measure. Just like the ugly but true purpose of the 2A is seldom talked about, the same is true for gun control, the fact that citizen disarmament almost always precludes tyranny in one form or another should not be ignored. Logic and debate will not change the mind of a serious gun grabber, terminating their employment and influence is the only way to beat them.
    I totally agree, but sometimes explaining the purpose of the 2A turns off some people because they get the impression it is about radicalism (overthrowing the government is usually the only thing they hear). Usually I like to point out the differenc between a human right and a civil right being that self defense is a human right and the RKBA is a recognition of that right as well as a guarantee. That way I can avoid the using arms against government tyranny reason until later in the debate with them.

But this is a generalization. The tactics for debate and convincing should be tailored to the audience or the individuals listening. All methods and approaches have their place IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom