• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I'm not a member anymore but thought this was interesting from their email. I guess they have a lot of contracts.

"Starting on January 2, HTSC will dedicate Monday through Wednesday to serving the community with training programs, competitions, and reserved group events. Walk-in range hours will take place on Thursdays from 5pm to 9pm and Friday to Sunday from 9am to 9pm."

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I have seen this before. It is all about the cash

You can tell by the way the place was designed that it was never meant to cater to the regular Joe off the street or the avid hobbyist shooter. As was said, its about big money contracts.
    Its a valid business model, just not one that will keep the private membership pleased...

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    You can tell by the way the place was designed that it was never meant to cater to the regular Joe off the street or the avid hobbyist shooter. As was said, its about big money contracts.
    Its a valid business model, just not one that will keep the private membership pleased...

The other thread has the traffic on this topic.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Being that it's in their sub-forum I wonder how long it will last. You know it's gonna be nothing but an extended bash session in this venue (mds)

Yep, already is. I liked the place but wasn't to fond how they treated their employees. I did not renew my membership and wonder how many people thought like I did. When there is another place to shoot which is cheaper and has a more friendly environment then I would think they would have to have changed something.

I think you are right. They probably had to decide to make a drastic unpopular change or risk going out of business. Contracts are guaranteed income and the place is built for it with their classrooms and ranges co-located.

Oh well, I'm glad TMGN is close by because the next closest range, I think, is 45 minutes away. Unfortunately, that place is going to be crazy busy now. Maybe, with increased business, they will be able to expand.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I renewed my membership about three months ago. There was no mention of any pending changes then and now I’m sorry I renewed.

Someone official posted, on the other thread, they offered to cancel memberships. I would call them and ask for a refund. I bet you get it.

Timelord

Apr 6, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Someone official posted, on the other thread, they offered to cancel memberships. I would call them and ask for a refund. I bet you get it.

I quoted their spokesperson's offer on the other thread to cancel memberships along with their assertion that they had contacted everyone (which, in my case, they had not) and they agreed to process a refund for the unused portion of my membership.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Their business, their business model . It's a valid business model, if they have enough contracts lined up , and apparently they do .

With two indoor ranges in close proximity, not uncommon for at least one to evolve a specialty .

That said , If I had a membership , I'd be pretty disappointed , but not full on pissed as long as they stood up with equitable buyouts , or option of converting unused portion of general membership to tuition of training.

If there were not a similar competing venue in proximity , my feelings would esculate two notches.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    WOW, that sucks for the average Joe. To close the range 3 days a week to him is pretty bad. But it's their business and if that's their decision, I hope they can live with the decision. I doubt the average Joe is going to renew for a part time range.

I wonder how much training and reserved events they expect to have Monday thru Wednesday. They also mention competitions. Anyone ever hear of competitions running on those days? Not me.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I quoted their spokesperson's offer on the other thread to cancel memberships along with their assertion that they had contacted everyone (which, in my case, they had not) and they agreed to process a refund for the unused portion of my membership.

Great... Now you can use that money for a membership at TMGN or AGC or a club.

I think they knew the decision was going to be very unpopular but I also think their survival depended on it.

I wonder if they realize their shop traffic is probably going to grind to a proverbial halt.

Ap1026

Jul 25, 2017
    Great... Now you can use that money for a membership at TMGN or AGC or a club.

I think they knew the decision was going to be very unpopular but I also think their survival depended on it.

I wonder if they realize their shop traffic is probably going to grind to a proverbial halt.

Exactly why I have stopped going to Heritage and go to Machine Gun Nest now. Plus Machine Gun Nest lets me shoot steel cased 7.62x39!

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    https://www.heritagetrainingcenter.com

It’s an indoor pistol range in Frederick, MD.

Kind of looks like the lanes at Elite Shooting Sports. I guess these are the new standards as compared to places like MSAR. Hard to believe they can exclude the public for 3.5 days and stay in business. If the range availability is minimal for customers who absolutely need to shoot (police, security firms, etc.) they can name their price. Since it would be taxpayers money, I doubt the general public would be able to match that income.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I guess these are the new standards as compared to places like MSAR. Hard to believe they can exclude the public for 3.5 days and stay in business.

I guess when the competition, 2 miles away, charges $5 less per hour and has less stringent rules then alternative sources of revenue are necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom